Espace réservé aux bonne idées et suggestions pour Joomlack.

Reborn of extensions - Renaissance d'extensions

Replied by ced1870 on topic Reborn of extensions - Renaissance d'extensions

Posted 1 year 3 weeks ago #67900
I understand your request, I just need to be sure to understand, so I still have questions :)
1. "is that it doesn't require a module/component to be accessed to inset the slideshow in an article."
>> ok I understand. Using Slideshow CK for example, I can put a bunch of default options in the plugin that would be used for all images set in the articles, in the same way as the Articles Images plugin

2. "I want to test the J4 plugin in is a car sales website where the car salesperson will add the data"
>> I have seen your website but this shows some cars data, not only images. I don't understand how this plugin can render such vehicles cards with image, price, title, etc

3. " place the slideshow (not gallery) in Joomla's various rendering positions so it can be set in a article override file"
>> I see, this is something that I could manage too

Now, I think that the main points are
- have images selection in the article tab
- place automatically before/after the article, or using a tag inside it, or may be using an override
- have default options set in the plugin, to have all instances look the same without the need to create a module

The problem is that if I use this plugin like that, people will ask for more and more options in the gallery, with effects, and then options in the slideshow ... all features that I already have in my current extensions
I just don't want to have a duplicate

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Brendanh on topic Reborn of extensions - Renaissance d'extensions

Posted 1 year 3 weeks ago #67902
Hi Ced,

Using Slideshow CK for example, I can put a bunch of default options in the plugin that would be used for all images set in the articles, in the same way as the Articles Images plugin

This would work, as long as the settings were 'global' and set by the website dev/admin. 

I have seen your website but this shows some cars data, not only images. I don't understand how this plugin can render such vehicles cards with image, price, title, etc

The other data (other than images) is rendered via a set of custom fields, then displayed in article and blog overrides. 

I see, this is something that I could manage too

I think what makes this plugin unique? is the ability to use it instead of the articles full image in the article, or use it via a Joomla rendering position in a custom override. 

Now, I think that the main points are
- have images selection in the article tab
- place automatically before/after the article, or using a tag inside it, or may be using an override
- have default options set in the plugin, to have all instances look the same without the need to create a module

Yes, that's pretty much it. As mentioned before, this plugin allows the none tech user to be able to add a slideshow from only the articles tabs, which is great. The plugin also allows the full article image to still be used. But, more importantly it allows the admin/dev to control the layout for uniformity which is better for UX.

The problem is that if I use this plugin like that, people will ask for more and more options in the gallery, 

Guilty as charged, your honor! 

Posted 1 year 3 weeks ago #67925
I have sent you an Alpha version of the new plugin for J4

by ced1870

Replied by sulpher on topic Reborn of extensions - Renaissance d'extensions

Posted 11 months 2 weeks ago #68297
Hi Ced,
It is an interesting initiative.
There is a good extension that many users need to be adapted to Joomla 4.
It is AltaUserPoints (fork of AlphaUserPoints).

extensions.joomla.org/extension/altauserpoints/

I asked Adrien 2 years ago, but there is no progress:
www.nordmograph.com/extensions/index.php...2&id=17718&Itemid=40

So, the best way if you can consider forking this extension.

Thanks.
Eugene

Joomla extensions - norrnext.com

by sulpher

Posted 11 months 2 weeks ago #68298
Hi
thank you for your suggestion
I will check that and I will let you know :)
CEd

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: sulpher

Replied by sulpher on topic Reborn of extensions - Renaissance d'extensions

Posted 11 months 2 weeks ago #68299

Kleszewski wrote: Hi
JComments
The comment component used to be very famous and extremely popular, currently not developed.
Link

There is a fork of JComments for Joomla 4 and PHP 8 which is available on Github:
github.com/exstreme/Jcomments-4

Joomla extensions - norrnext.com

by sulpher

Time to create page: 0.729 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 372 guests and no members online