anchor missing in url

• hede
  • hede's Avatar Offline Topic Author

Replied by hede on topic anchor missing in url

Posted 4 years 6 months ago #54103
I can clearly see a difference between freunde.jordymedia.com/#contact and freunde.jordymedia.com. No average 60 year old knows that he manually has to add /#contact to the url after he copied it from the address bar into his email.
by hede

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic anchor missing in url

Posted 4 years 6 months ago #54104
I have explained to you that the scrolling method does not reload the page
if you don't want that, then don't use the onepage scrolling effect

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

• hede

Posted 4 years 6 months ago #54105
There is a misunderstanding. Nobody is asking for a reload on a one page design.

However, there is a difference between freunde.jordymedia.com and freunde.jordymedia.com/#contact. Just try it for yourself. Scroll to the contact form, copy the url from the address bar and open a new browser tab and past it in (that is the workflow when you send a link to a friend as I already described above). What the user would expect is that the page loads and scrolls to the contact form but it cant because the anchor is missing in the copied url when your plugin is enabled. Hence I am only asking to not delete the anchor from the url.
Last Edit:4 years 6 months ago by hede
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by hede.

Posted 4 years 6 months ago #54106
I understand what you mean.

it cant because the anchor is missing in the copied url when your plugin is enabled

yes. As already explained :
- without the plugin : click on the menu, it redirects the page with the anchor url
- with the plugin : scroll directly to the desired section (no page redirection, it stays on the same page and this is why it is called ONEPAGE scrolling method

is that clear for you ?

if you want to send the url to a friend, you must take the url from the menu links, not from the browser url
I understand your problem, really, but this is not something related to my plugin, this is simply related to the fact that you are creating a onepage design, and that you want to have a multipage behavior

by ced1870

• hede

Posted 4 years 6 months ago #54110

ced1870 wrote: - without the plugin : click on the menu, it redirects the page with the anchor url

That is incorrect. There is no redirect, the page just scrolls to the given anchor without a page reload. I disabled your plugin on my site. Please check. The only difference is now that the anchors are maintained and there is no offset (which I need here because of the sticky nav and therefore wanted to use your plugin).
by hede

Posted 4 years 6 months ago #54111
have you correctly read my answers ? I can not do anything against that, simply because this is the way it shall work

imagine that you take you phone and ask him to make coffee, it does not work. You must use the coffee maching to do that, and use your phone for the conservations. Exactly the same :)

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.662 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 692 guests and no members online