Breadcrumbs issue with blog element

Replied by Witchypaws on topic Breadcrumbs issue with blog element

Posted 1 year 2 months ago #67330
Hi Heino

Neither solution is adequate.

I don't mind the article Testing 1 having a breadcrumb of Home > Testing because it is a special page and we want it showing separately in Main Menu

However, having to create a menu item under the Articles Testing page for each article you want to add to the blog so you get the correct breadcrumb is onerous for the site admins. What if you have a blog with hundreds of articles.

The whole point of the Joomla blog function is to have one menu item that lets you view all the sub articles in that category

My issue is that CEd has a blog element in the page builder that allows you to style your blog better than a Joomla standard blog but when you deploy it you get the extra category blog link in the middle of the breadcrumbs which means that people see the unstyled blog page anyway

What is the point of even bothering to use the page builder in that case

Cheers

Jacqui

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Breadcrumbs issue with blog element

Posted 1 year 2 months ago #67334
I think that I have not understood your problem ... I have to think about that because I don't have an immediate solution

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 1 year 2 months ago #67346
Thanks CEd

It's about the user experience, I think it involves reconfiguring how your blog element works in case of breadcrumbs but current clients are complaining about it and they have a point.

Let me know as soon as you have a fix

Cheers

Jacqui

Posted 1 year 2 months ago #67365
I have made a test
- 1 article in a "blog" category >> PBCK with the blog addon
- click on the readmore of one of the articles, it shows the article without category
>> OK

then I have tried with other articles and I get the same as you
I have found that this occurs when you have a menu item that points to the category blog. Then it is added in the path
if you don't have such menu items for blogs layouts, you don't have it in the breadcrumbs

This is how joomla works

by ced1870

Posted 1 year 2 months ago #67417
HI Ced

Please login to the site with the credential I provided.

I deleted the standard Joomla blog menu item and I deleted the standard Joomla article item for one article

All that remains is the Page Builder CK blog page blueprintj3.digihearth.au/testing-articles with 3 articles in it, none of which have a menu item and all under the blog category.

When I click read more, i get this breadcrumb

Home > Testing Articles > Blog > Article Name

The testing articles is the Page builder page and the blog does not have a menu item

Your page builder adds the blog breadcrumb in the middle which takes me to a non styled joomla blog page (I know this is how joomla works)

However, I expect to get

Home > Testing Articles > Article Name because I have use the page builder page as the blog page instead of a standard Joomla blog menu item

If this happens, there is absolutely no point in have a blog element inside the page builder

I want them only to be able to see the page builder ck blog page, not the standard blog page.

Please advise

thanks

Jacqui
Last Edit:1 year 2 months ago by Witchypaws
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Witchypaws.

Posted 1 year 2 months ago #67429
I looged in and did not find the problem
but I see that you are workign with Joomla 3, I did test with Joomla 4
not sure if this makes the difference

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.751 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 475 guests and 2 members online