Set "Lock-Menu"-Functionality per default

Replied by jurahausverein on topic Set "Lock-Menu"-Functionality per default

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #71935
Hi CEd,
it's been a while but now I come around with the same request as 2,5 years ago. 
After the update to Joomla 4, the config of Mobile Menu CK does not offer the options that there were under Joomla 3 (Force Locked State = No, but set the locked state when the user opens the menu) that are described in this thread.
How can we achieve these features again?
Joomla 4.4.4. with mobilemenuck-pro_1.6.3.

Thanks a lot in advance and BR
Agnes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Set "Lock-Menu"-Functionality per default

Posted 1 month 3 weeks ago #71936
Hi
the option is there ...
please try that : set "enable lock button" to NO >> check that you can see the option "force locked state"
it seems that the condition to show/hide it is set at the inverse

let me know
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by jurahausverein on topic Set "Lock-Menu"-Functionality per default

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #71945
Hi CEd,
unfortunately, this does not work as expected (and as before).
I observed the following:
- When "force the locked state" is set, the mobile menu appears also on desktop PCs (with resolution higher than the limit set), which it shouldn't.
- When "enable lock button" is set, the menu opens on click (or mouseover). When the lock button is pressed, the little lock icon changes to "closed" but when clicking on any menu item, the menu disappears and has to be opened again. The lock icon is "open" again.

It would be nice not to have the menu open upon loading the page but when the menu is opened by the user, the locked status should be set by default until the user closes the menu. I think this worked before the upgrade to joomla 4 (or at least it did back in 2022).

BR
Agnes

Posted 1 month 2 weeks ago #71946
I need to investigate and make some tests, I will do that next week and I will let you know

by ced1870

Posted 1 month 1 week ago #71994
Hi
just a message to let you know that I don't forget you, but I'm currently busy on updates on Cookies CK
CEd

by ced1870

Posted 1 month 1 week ago #72007
Hi
I have now started to work on your request :)

When "force the locked state" is set, the mobile menu appears also on desktop PCs (with resolution higher than the limit set), which it shouldn't.

I have tested and I can reproduce this issue. I will work on it

When "enable lock button" is set, the menu opens on click (or mouseover). When the lock button is pressed, the little lock icon changes to "closed" but when clicking on any menu item, the menu disappears and has to be opened again. The lock icon is "open" again

I have tested, but by my side it works as expected. The menu keeps the lock state, and if it is locked, then it stays opened when you change the page
Can  you please give me the url of your page so that I can check if I got the same on your website

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.633 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 552 guests and no members online