Responsive design and unexpected error messages

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #72112 by ced1870
you can add this on your DIV
Code:
padding-bottom: 70px;
this will give the needed space for the caption

for the PHP notice, can you tell me if this occurs on all pages (not using the slideshow) ?
do you have only 1 slideshow module published in the website ? if you unpublish it, does the notice disappear ?

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #72115 by EX34mush
Thanks, adding the padding does the trick when viewed on a PC monitor; however, in responsive mode on my Samsung A20, I get a big gap between the bottom of the image and the top of the caption. Whilst I could disable the caption in responsive mode, it would be good to show it. (If necessary I can put CSS overrides into my user.css file. I have done this to text-align:center; the caption text).
Error message:
I have now set error reporting to maximum on the site and so far as I can tell the Parish's Diary page is the only one the errors appear on. That page calls a plugin called DPCalendar and has no reference to Slideshow CK.
I have done some further experimenting and found that if I disable the 'System - Slideshow CK' plugin, the error messages disappear, but the slideshow continues to run. What problems might I have if that plugin remains disabled?

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #72116 by ced1870
this is because you have set the "contain the image" to YES and the resolution "min height" to 150px
reduce the min height value and it shall be ok

ok thanks for the clarification. Disabling the system plugin will disable the Pro features, but the other features of the slideshow are still working

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #72118 by EX34mush
Many thanks. That has fixed the problem and highlighted a set of features I had not experimented with.
Do you know why the system plugin generates error messages on a page that does not appear to use it?

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #72120 by ced1870
for the system plugin, I don't know because it looks like the content sent to the plugin event is not the same method as for the normal content in joomla. May be that it is related to the DPcalendar method to call the content events

I will check something by my side and I will let you know

More
3 months 1 week ago #72153 by ced1870
install this version of the plugin
www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/eorpwkotwc4udrdax...w0jf7fwfcivneie&dl=0

it shall fix the error message. Let me know

Time to create page: 0.535 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 823 guests and one member online