Responsive design and unexpected error messages

More
3 months 2 days ago #72211 by EX34mush
Thanks for the suggestion, but I do not think that is the answer. I have Update Channel set to 'Default', with 'Potentially incompatible extensions checkbox' set to 'Show'.
The inline help explains: 'Shows the checkbox in the pre–update check if any of the extensions installed on your site is potentially incompatible with the version of Joomla you are upgrading to. Note: the checkbox is displayed when upgrading to a new Joomla version family (minor or major version). '
As the pre-update check does not normally show when I do a Joomla! update I guessed an exisitng extension had some code that triggered it.  As Cedric has made a  local fix to my Slideshow extension I wondered if that might be the cause.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 days ago #72213 by ced1870
Hi
the pre-check process exists since Joomla 4.0
if you have the latest version of my extensions, you can pass through. The problem is that joomla will list all the plugins/modules but the info is only used in the component (for my extensions)
see here :
forum.joomlack.fr/index.php/3-boite-a-id...la-4-migration#61449

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
3 months 2 days ago #72216 by EX34mush
Hi CEd,
What puzzled me was that the pre-check screen was not shown when I did earlier Joomla updates, and 4.4.5 to 4.4.6 was the first time. I'm trying to track down the reason, as it is not obvious. You had made the fix to Slideshow CK under 4.4.5, so I wondered if that might have triggered it. I could be a problem with a completely different extension, but this seemed a good place to start. I'm being wary about forcing updates in case I break my site.

More
3 months 2 days ago #72217 by ced1870

You had made the fix to Slideshow CK under 4.4.5, so I wondered if that might have triggered it

absolutely not :)
this is from Joomla core since 4.0, as said, and it's nothing related to any extension

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
3 months 2 days ago #72218 by EX34mush
That's fine. Something has changed since the update to 4.4.5, but tracking it down is not proving easy.
Alan

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 330 guests and one member online