Responsive design and unexpected error messages

More
2 months 6 days ago #72094 by EX34mush
Hi,
I use Slideshow CK on the home page of my site ( www.coastalparishes.org.uk ) , but I have two problems.  
The first is to do with Responsive design.  When viewed on a PC monitor, the layout is fine, with the image aligned right and the top of the slideshow aligned with the top of the text.  However, when viewed on my phone there is a large block of white space above and below the slideshow.  Can you suggest a way of resolving this, so the layout resembles that on the large monitor?
The second is strange.
On a page that does not reference Slideshow CK in any way I can see, I get the following error message (repeated 6 times)
Deprecated: preg_replace_callback(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/cctmraji/domains/coastalparishes.org.uk/public_html/plugins/system/slideshowck/slideshowck.php on line 149
I can suppress this message by setting a lower level of Error Reporting, but I wondered why it shows on a page that does not include Slideshow, but does not show on any other page.
You may be familiar with this problem already, but if not and want to view the problem, let me know and I will set the reporting level for you.  For the present I will suppress the message.
Best wishes,
Alan Bannister

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 6 days ago #72097 by ced1870
Hi
- for the white area around the slideshow, the problem comes from the table that you are using in your article to load the module
This is outside the module and can not be fixed from the slideshow
please remove the table and check
- for the php error, I don't have any $subject variable on line 149
Please tell me which version you are using so that I can check

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: EX34mush

More
2 months 6 days ago - 2 months 6 days ago #72101 by EX34mush
Thank you for your quick reply, it's much appreciated.
The easy bit: Using Slideshow CK version 2.5.7. Menu assignment is just set to the home page using {loadposition slideshow}
The responsive bit:
I wanted to right-justify the slideshow to get the similar effect as I would with a still image. Without the table, it is automatically inserted above or below the text. I suspect there is a way of using CSS but I have not worked out how.
Any suggestions?
Last edit: 2 months 6 days ago by EX34mush. Reason: Typos!

More
2 months 6 days ago #72102 by EX34mush
I've just been playing around using <div> tag and got some of the results I want. The only immediate problem is that I am losing the caption. I can tweak my style settings perhaps, but what controls the position of the caption and if it is displayed?

More
2 months 5 days ago #72106 by ced1870
for the caption you can check in the responsive settings of the module >> hide caption >> no

can you tell me which version of PHP you are using ?

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
2 months 5 days ago #72109 by EX34mush
Thanks for getting back to me.
I'm using PHP 8.1.28
I have been experimenting with use of a <div> tag rather than a table, with some success, but there are still problems.
I'm using <div style="float: right; width: 50%; background-color: #f1f1f1;">{loadposition slideshow}</div> to display slideshow and this works fine for the images. I am also controlling the display of the caption on phones using the settings you suggest. However, when the caption is displayed, it does not fall within the space set for the <div> tag but covers other parts of the page. (The background-color is a temporary parameter to show the scope of the <div> tag.  So how do I get the caption into the <div> space?
www.coastalparishes.org.uk/

Time to create page: 1.009 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1275 guests and no members online