Locking the Menu position to the extreme left of the browser

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #72774 by adricist
Thanks Ced,

Yes, I have made good enough progress there to justify further work and investigation, so I will be buying now the paid component, so that I can further test and tweak the look of the Menu and learn the full capabilities.

However, there are two more important features that will be necessary to make this our preferred solution:

1) Like in the back-end of Joomla, we would like the Menu to be able to shrink in width to icons only, so that we have the option to maximize the width of the main content area when needed, and then expand back the menu when needed. See Attachment A. Is this possible in Accordeon Menu CK? And if so and we place the Menu in the Sidebar-Left position, we will then have to tweak the CSS in Cassiopeia to auto adjust the width.

2) And this currently does not work in the Joomla Back-End and would not be a show stopper, but it would be great to have an option to always have the top of the Menu (or Title in Sidebar-left) always aligned at the top of the browser window, so that the menu does not disappear when scrolling down the page, but sort of keeps moving down, while scrolling down.

I will try asking in the Joomla forum if these will be possible with CSS coding in Cassiopeia, but I think that option 1 above really needs to be an Accordeon Menu CK option first.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Adri
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #72775 by ced1870
ok, I see
the fact is that you have to choice :
1/ tweak the sidebar in the template and use CSS/JS to do what you want. Then load the module as any other module and control it using the template (solution that you have started)

or

2/ have the full feature integrated in the accordion menu, that will automtically take place not depending on the template (solution that would need me to develop)

you can not mix both. Using the solution 1/, you can control the menu display using CSS, but for the other features (toggle, fixed, and manage the scrollbar according to the sidebar content) is something to implement in the template

for now I don't do anything on my side, because if you are using the solution 1/, I don't need any further development

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: adricist

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #72776 by adricist
Thank you Ced,

I think this is a good plan for now, let's see if I can achieve anything I need. If not I will contact you and see how you can possibly help.

One last question, can you please tell me if Accordeon Menu CK has the option to be reduced to icons? And if so, how do I set this up?

Thanks,
Adri

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #72779 by ced1870
There is no option to reduce it to icons
you must do that in CSS using media queries, but if this is the only point missing in your quest, then I will try to help on you this ;)

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #72782 by adricist
Yes Ced,

This is the last point left on my quest and I would greatly appreciate your help resolving this.

Please let me know if you need any more info from me.

Regards,
Adri

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #72785 by ced1870
yes I need the url of your website so that I can check what is already made using CSS and how to implement the "icons feature"
you must of course have published the accordion menu and have added the icons to it

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 711 guests and one member online