Locking the Menu position to the extreme left of the browser

More
3 days 2 hours ago #72729 by adricist
Hi,

I like the Accordeon Meny CK, but I need it to function in a locked in position to the left of the browser window. Basically I need it to behave in a similar way to how the Joomla back end Menu behaves.

Is this possible? And if so, how can I achieve this?

If it is I will be certainly purchasing it.

Thank you in advance,
Adri
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 days 14 hours ago #72736 by ced1870
Hi
by default the Accordeon Menu CK is a module, designed to be placed in a template position
what you are asking can be done if you have the area in your template to create the left panel and load the accordion menu in it

now, as I understand, you would like that the menu will automatically manage the page design so that it can take place as a sidebar ...
I need to check in the coming days how I could implement this feature.
Please remind me on monday, if I don't come back to you

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: adricist

More
2 days 2 hours ago #72742 by adricist
Thank you heaps CEd, your help will be greatly appreciated.

We are using Cassiopeia - Default template and when selecting the position Sidebar-Left, we would like the Accordeon Menu to always fill the sidebar left fully and stay close to the left edge, similarly to how it works in the back end Joomla Menu. We do not want the sidebar-left to expand with further gaps, using unnecessary width, so that the article content displayed in the "message" position also aligns to the left, as close as possible to the Accordeon menu.

If the attached module positions for Cassiopea - Default is right, then I suppose we would need to "remove" or reduce to zero the "body", the "site grid container", and the "blue area" I have marked.

We would then have to make sure that the sidebar left would always be the width of the accordeon menu without expanding when the browser window is made wider, and all the positions "breadcrumbs", main-top", "message", "component" and "main-bottom", should also always align to the left, next to the accordeon menu.

Do you think this should be achievable with some CSS override of the template? And should this work with Accordeon Menu, in order to obtain a similiar behaviour to what we have in the Joomla backend?

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards,
Adri
Attachments:

More
1 day 22 hours ago #72748 by ced1870
I will check that and I will let you know

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: adricist

More
1 day 1 hour ago #72763 by adricist
This message contains secure information

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1143 guests and no members online