Locking the Menu position to the extreme left of the browser

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #72791 by adricist
Thanks Ced,

The project is currently on a development machine, and the live system is running behind a VPN.

I will setup a testing website for you this week and let you know once it is done.

I will be back in touch.

Regards,
Adri

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 19 hours ago #72798 by adricist
This message contains secure information

More
2 weeks 18 hours ago #72802 by ced1870
ok I have found a workaroung to make it works. The fact is that you are using the css class for icons from the menu items, and not the icon feature from Accordeon Menu CK. This makes the menu items and icons to not have the same html structure.
Please try to use this css code :
Code:
#accordeonck110 li.level1 > span a {     position: relative;     left: -300px; } #accordeonck110 li.level1 > span a [class*="icon"], #accordeonck110 li.level1 > span a [class*="fa-"] {     position: relative;     left: +300px; }

But, this will reduce the menu to icons on the 1st level, meaning that you manage the toggler button/state of your sidebar from the template. In your example of the admin sidebar, there is a toggler icon that reduce the sidebar width. I don't see this feature implemented in your website. Only a static sidebar

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
2 weeks 17 hours ago #72804 by adricist
This message contains secure information
Attachments:

More
2 weeks 16 hours ago #72805 by ced1870

Menu does not totally shrink to the icons width

of course, this is what I try to explain you since the beginning
everything has to be managed in your template
now I give you a new css code to make the menu not more than the icons width
Code:
#accordeonck110 { width: 60px; } #accordeonck110 li.level1 > span a { position: relative; left: -300px; height: 60px; width: 60px; } #accordeonck110 li.level1 > span a [class*="icon"], #accordeonck110 li.level1 > span a [class*="fa-"] { position: relative; left: +300px; }

of course you can adapt the dimensions
check now, the menu will shrink but your sidebar not ...

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
2 weeks 4 hours ago - 2 weeks 3 hours ago #72810 by adricist
That worked perfectly Ced, Thank you!

Not sure what you meant by "the menu will shrink but your sidebar not ...". The sidebar seems to be following and adapting to the Menu width perfectly when shrinking. Do you mean that it does not expand back and stays shrunk all the time?

If so, what we now need is for the sidebar to expand back when we click any of the + icons in the Menu. What we basically need is for your code to only work:
  • When NO - (MINUS) signs are displayed in the Accordeon Menu!
Makes sense? If we could achieve this, then I would not need any other changes or a specific toggle button, as the above option would control the expansion and contraction automatically, without the need of a separate toggle button.

Any chances you could help me fine tune your CSS code further to achieve this? We seem to be pretty close! 🙏

Thank you heaps for all your help,
Adri
Last edit: 2 weeks 3 hours ago by adricist.

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 710 guests and one member online