I installed Version 1.2.2 and it is not working

Version 1.2.2 Still broken was created by imaaxx

Posted 4 months 2 weeks ago #70375
Hello Ced,

I have just updated to version 1.2.2 and it still is broken on my end. No longer does the link scroll to and the CSS code I have been using is also not working anymore. I re-installed the version 1.1.0 to get it working.

Please advise.
by imaaxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by murugappan on topic I installed Version 1.2.2 and it is not working

Posted 4 months 2 weeks ago #70378
  1. I installed in Joomla 4. In the absence of good documentation, this is what i did:
  2. I defined the H2 and H3 in two articles (See ScreenCap: Article 1 and 2)  --- could not upload image less than 40kb
  3. I defined the {toc xx) tags in the Joomla Module (Screencap: Joomla Module)
  4. I created another article and loaded the Joomla Module (Screencap: Test Article)
  5. When i display the Test Arcticle page (screencap; Test Artilce Page), the links do not work
This forum is useless as it does even allow to upload image size of 39kb. You need to fix this first.,

Last Edit:4 months 2 weeks ago by murugappan
Last edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by murugappan.

Replied by ced1870 on topic I installed Version 1.2.2 and it is not working

Posted 4 months 2 weeks ago #70381
HI
@imaaxx
I checked your url
lifeinsurancesolutions.ca/life-insurance...-life-insurance.html
and the TOC is working but the whole website has broken styles due to the JCH css file not loading
Please check. If you have currently the 1.1.0 installed, please fix the JCH issue then install the 1.2.2 and tell me so that I can check online

@murugappan
not sure why you use a module loaded into an article to show the table of another article
you shall use {toc} in the article where you want to show the table
if you want to load the table in a module, you can use {toc XX} where XX is the article ID, for example {toc 23}
Doc :
www.joomlack.fr/en/documentation/table-o...table-of-contents-ck
This could be useful to show the TOC of your article in a sidebar

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: imaaxx

Posted 4 months 2 weeks ago #70398
Hi,
(1) I am doing this as a test. The reason i am loading the toc in another article would be better explained if i gave an example. I have an article which gives a summary of each of the medical cases handled this month. Now, based on the summary for each case, i want to provide the ability for someone reading it to zoom into the case at different location e.g the Procedure Performed instead of wanting to read the while case article.

(2) I tried another thing too. I use Joomshaper's Page Builder and added an add-on which will load a Joomla Module. The module containing the toc tags did not work either. All it did was to show the contents of the module as is and not the toc.

Replied by ced1870 on topic I installed Version 1.2.2 and it is not working

Posted 4 months 1 week ago #70408
1/ sorry but I still don't understand ... sure that this is logic for you but I don't know your project and then have some difficulties to see the benefits

2/ check in the module options that you have enabled the "content plugins", needed to transform the tag into the TOC

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 4 months 1 week ago #70410
@ced1870,

(1) I assume you are french and do not understand. My apology if i am wrong, sir. I explained my case in the simplest possible way with an example. This is what i want to do:
-- I create 1 article which give details of a "Medial Case 1" which has 3 paragraph with H2 headings
-- I create 1 article which give details of a "Medial Case 2" which has 3 paragraph with H2 headings
-- then I create a Home page with the heading "Summary for Medical Cases" and in this page I want show the tocs of Medical Case 1 and 2 so that the user can select the toc item and go to page and heading. I use the Joomla Module with {toc xx} tags and load the module in this page.

If you cannot understand this then please find someone in your company who can assist you. That is the simplest English i can do.

(2) You say "enable content plugin". Where is this because Joomla has few of these and your plugin has one. I have enabled all.
Last Edit:4 months 1 week ago by murugappan
Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by murugappan.

Time to create page: 0.666 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 383 guests and no members online