Gateway Timeout - The gateway did not receive a...

Gateway Timeout - The gateway did not receive a... was created by agnoletti

Posted 5 years 9 months ago #48985
When trying to edit the content of a specific page (built by PageBuilder CK) of my website ( www.capitanoagnoletti.it/soldo ), since today, when I save the page I always get the following error message and what was done is not saved at all:

Gateway Timeout
The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

To access that page, you need to login first using the following credentials:
username ********
password ********

Can you see where the actual error come from?
Thank you in advance!
Marco
Last Edit:5 years 9 months ago by agnoletti
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by agnoletti. Reason: Hiding personal details not needed to be shown anymore

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Gateway Timeout - The gateway did not receive a...

Posted 5 years 9 months ago #48986
Hi
you must contact your host provider to check that. By my side there is no reason for this problem and I have no possibility to check if this is really a problem coming from Page Builder CK
This seems more related to your server. But if you get an error from your host provider about Page Builder CK, then we can check together with detailed infos
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by agnoletti on topic Gateway Timeout - The gateway did not receive a...

Posted 5 years 9 months ago #48991
Thank you. I'll let you know the answer from the hosting service (SiteGround). Marco
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by agnoletti. Reason: Provisional reply not needed anymore because of my following reply

Replied by agnoletti on topic Gateway Timeout - The gateway did not receive a...

Posted 5 years 9 months ago #48992
Here is the answer from Siteground support team:

Todor Ivanov

Support Guru
Posted On 23 Jul, 2018 06:57 CDT

Hello Marco Agnoletti,

Thank you for contacting our help desk!

I've checked on the web-server error logs and there are quite a few error messages related to your capitanoagnoletti.it website:

Code:
[Mon Jul 23 10:27:43.304670 2018] [:warn] [pid 43125] [client 151.29.3.28:39118] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /home/marcoa51/public_html/administrator/index.php, referer: www.capitanoagnoletti.it/administrator/i...age&layout=edit&id=8

From the extract above you can find the following URL which seems to be referring to the "PageBuilder CK" extension:

Code:
www.capitanoagnoletti.it/administrator/i...age&layout=edit&id=8

Having said this, I've now increased the following PHP variables to their max allowed value in hopes that this solves the issue:

Code:
max_input_time = 120
max_execution_time = 120

However if this solution doesn't help you should contact the developers of this extension for assistance in solving this issue. We'll be happy to assist with any suggestions or fixes they may propose.

Of course, you're also more than welcome to contact us again should you have additional questions and concerns.

Best Regards,

Todor Ivanov
Senior Technical Support

I tried once more to modify my webpage www.capitanoagnoletti.it/soldo but still getting the same "504 Gateway Timeout" error message.
Is there something you can suggest about the issue related to PageBuilder CK, mentioned by Siteground?
Thank you!

Replied by ced1870 on topic Gateway Timeout - The gateway did not receive a...

Posted 5 years 9 months ago #48993

From the extract above you can find the following URL which seems to be referring to the "PageBuilder CK" extension:

Code:
www.capitanoagnoletti.it/administrator/i...age&layout=edit&id=8

or course, this is the url of your page ! ;)
when you edit an article you got an url like "option=com_content", this does not mean that the joomla core is in cause ...

you can
1/ create a new page and see if it works
2/ import your existing page into a joomla article (switch to page builder in the article, then use the "load a page" button), then save it and see if you got the same message. in this case the article will be saved by joomla!, not by Page Builder CK

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 5 years 9 months ago #49016
1. I made a copy of the affected page and I tried to work on that copy, but I still kept receiving the "Gateway timeout" error message when saving (and the page was not saved).

2. I could not be interested in trying to save that page (built using PageBuilder CK) into an article because I needed to put some modifications in what was already written there.

I SOLVED THE MATTER by:
- creating a module into which I put the part of the page I wanted to modify
- inserting that module in the desired position of the page (using the option of inserting a module given by PageBuilder CK)

It worked fine!

NOTE: the only page that gives me the error of "Gateway timeout" is the largest in my website.
Could that be because there are too many elements in there?
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by agnoletti. Reason: Changing the icon to "SOLVED"

Time to create page: 0.655 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 479 guests and no members online