Not replacing mobile menu

Not replacing mobile menu was created by trogladyte

Posted 5 years 5 months ago #50069
When I installed this the first couple or three times all I did was install, turn on and it was all good. The new mobile menu appeared and the menu which used to show on mobile (the old hamburger menu icon) disappeared.

However, the last 2 times I installed it, I had to go into Template Creator and manually turn the menu off displaying in mobile.

A good landing is one you can walk away from.
A great landing is one where you can reuse the aircraft!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Not replacing mobile menu

Posted 5 years 5 months ago #50070
Hi
please detail me what you mean with "manually turn the menu off displaying in mobile." >> have you set a hamburger icon on a horizontal menu ?
I have to try to reproduce this
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by trogladyte on topic Not replacing mobile menu

Posted 5 years 5 months ago #50071
Sorry Ced, that post of mine was very vague! :-)

In the first 2 installs, I didn't have to do anything but install the extension and set the parameters in the new tab that appears on the relevant menu module.

On the next 2 installs, I had to do that, then go into Template Creator and disable the hamburger menu for portrait tablet and phones. I never had to do this on the first installs. I thought I'd seen in the dox that the automatic suppression of the old hamburger menu was one of the features but don't see it now (wishful thinking???).

Attachments:

Posted 5 years 5 months ago #50102
I come back to you with this
you must understand the levels of actions :
- the template will create areas (module positions) where you load a menu >> here you set a hamburger icon
- the menu will take place somewhere >> here you enable the mobile menu

These are 2 different things. Of course you must know what you want and only enable the correct one.
From a point of view of a user, I understand that this could be confusing because we want simple things ;)

I'm working on the integration of Mobile Menu CK into Template Creator CK, so this will be easier to manage because you will manage the same things (the template).

by ced1870

Replied by trogladyte on topic Not replacing mobile menu

Posted 5 years 5 months ago #50103
No problem Ced. It wasn't meant as a criticism at all, rather just an observation that I THOUGHT the first time I used it , the plugin automatically stopped showing the hamburger icon for the menu I'd activated it on without me having to turn it off in TC.

An integration in TC would be very cool! Assume you will still have a lite and pro version of it even if integrated?

Please feel free to use me as a beta tester if needed.

Posted 5 years 5 months ago #50104
I know :) thank you
it is possible that the first times, you had the hamburger icon enabled in Maximenu CK, and not into the template. In this case, the hamburger disappears. Is it possible ?

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.670 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 563 guests and no members online