Cookies are not deleted if Decline button is clicked

Replied by Ratis on topic Cookies are not deleted if Decline button is clicked

Posted 2 years 3 months ago #63020
Hi. I really appreciate your hard work and I wish I could say It works! but unfortunately it doesn't :(
If I click "Accept all" ("Sprejmi vse") and do a page refresh, cookies are stored. cookiesck gets value of 1. If I open cookie options again and click on "Deny all" ("Zavrni vse") or "Deny" ("Zavrni") for the Google Analytics, both actions only delete the gat cookie after couple of page refreshes. _gid and _ga are still there and _ga has expiration date in the future. I also found that if I choose "Deny all" cookiesck gets value of 0. But if I choose "Deny" only for Googly analytics cookies, cookiesck gets value of "Sistemski%20pi%u0161kotek%7Cval%7C1%7Cck%7CGoogle%20Analytics%7Cval%7C0" and I'm unable to open cookie options again. Click on it does nothing :|

Best regards
Sandra
by Ratis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Cookies are not deleted if Decline button is clicked

Posted 2 years 3 months ago #63022
thanks for your test !

I wish I could say It works! but unfortunately it doesn't

(cry)

I see a JS error, that is why the options can not be opened anymore. I see that you are using some special characters

Sistemski piškotek|

can you please replace that with some normal characters ? and then tell me so that I can check if the error is related to that
once the error is fixed I will check more in deep why the cookies may not be managed

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Ratis on topic Cookies are not deleted if Decline button is clicked

Posted 2 years 3 months ago #63023
Yes in our language we have special characters that are called "šumniki" and word translates to "noisemakers" in english. But troublemakers would be more appropriate because they cause trouble all the time :). After I replaced the "š" with "s" Cookie options works again. Wiiii! :)

I've checked the console and if I understand correctly you do the same for all three cookies (_gid,_gat, _ga) -> setting expiration date to year 2013. But apparently it only applies for _gat which I noticed is the last one that is processed in the script. So is it possible that only the last cookie is truly processed?
by Ratis

Replied by ced1870 on topic Cookies are not deleted if Decline button is clicked

Posted 2 years 3 months ago #63024
ok great then it was the problem. Please leave it like that until we totally fix the process
I will check again what happens now

by ced1870

Posted 2 years 3 months ago #63034
I have tested on my local environment, it works correctly with the Google Analytics
On you website I have the same problem as you
I wonder if there is a conflict on your website or something else.

in the logs using the debug mode, the cookies are blocked

>> set cookie blocked for : _gid

when clicking on Decline, the function is called

removeCookie : Google Analytics

I don't know why the cookies are not deleted in this case. I have to investigate to find what could be in cause
if you find something, don't hesitate to tell me

by ced1870

Posted 2 years 3 months ago #63035
please try this version
www.dropbox.com/s/qhdqqis2v85xnel/cookiesck%20%2812%29.zip?dl=0

it shall fix the issue with the special characters

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.671 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1381 guests and no members online