How to Clear ALL MaximuniCK Setting and Start Over

Replied by ced1870 on topic How to Clear ALL MaximuniCK Setting and Start Over

Posted 9 years 2 months ago #25536
try to deactivate the overflow detection in the effects options of hte module

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by webdevtim on topic How to Clear ALL MaximuniCK Setting and Start Over

Posted 9 years 2 months ago #25545
That was it. Unfortunately overflow protection is a very nice feature when the menu doesn't quite fit in the viewport.

What file is overflow protection located in, maybe I can play with it and add another condition when the viewport is enlarged after being reduced. I like the effect, I just don't like the side effects.

Timothy E. Michel

Last Edit:9 years 2 months ago by webdevtim
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by webdevtim. Reason: Correct typo

Posted 9 years 2 months ago #25548
the overflow is in the JS file that manages the effect of the menu
the problem in this case is that the submenus go out of the screen when the screen is too small, then it activates the overflow detection and put the submenu to the right

by ced1870

Replied by webdevtim on topic How to Clear ALL MaximuniCK Setting and Start Over

Posted 9 years 2 months ago #25568
Is this the function in question? I see this is called whenever testoverflow == '1'. But I don't see where testoverflow is dynamicxally set. It would seem that testoverflow should be tested whenever pageWidth changes and there should be a function that polls .outerWidth (set to a timer) waiting for changes.
Code:
function testOverflowmenuck(el) { if (el.hasClass('fullwidth')) return; var pageWidth = $(document.body).outerWidth(); var elementPosition = el.offset().left + el.outerWidth() + el.submenu.width(); if (elementPosition > pageWidth) { if ((el.data('level')) == 1) { el.submenu.css('right', '0px'); } else { el.submenu.css('right', el.outerWidth()); } el.submenu.css('marginRight', '0px'); el.submenu.addClass('fixRight'); } } In $.fn.DropdownMaxiMenu = function(options) { testoverflow: '0', initialized to zero In return maximenuObj.each(function(options) { var testoverflow = defaults.testoverflow; local testoverflow variable set to global testoverflow variable. if (testoverflow == '1') testOverflowmenuck(el);

This isn't crucially important right now and I have several other things I have to dive into and this is rather involved and will take me some time to see all the relationships. But I do want to dig into this to see if I can get it to dynamically respond to changes in outerWidth.

Timothy E. Michel

Last Edit:9 years 2 months ago by webdevtim
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by webdevtim. Reason: formatting

Posted 9 years 2 months ago #25572
yes that 's it, you can see
if (elementPosition > pageWidth) {
this is the condition where the submenu is detected as out of the screen

but just for info, by my side I don't have the problem like you on your website, when I enlarge the screen again, it works as before

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.683 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 401 guests and no members online