Help verticle lines & submenus

More
11 years 6 months ago #9766 by adnama
Hi there,

I found your module and subsequently bought the plugin and documentation.

I have made some good headway (this is the third or fourth module I've tried to achieve the drop down menu and styling required for this website - thank you for a great product).

But I still cant seem to work out (ref: saranadin.info):
- how to remove vertical lines separating each menu item
- how to remove the underline on the sub-menu
- how to put the sub-menu in front of the search box

I tried creating a column and row to avoid the menu dropping down behind search box but it ends up looking all wrong.

I am feeling quite frustrated and would really appreciate some guidance.

Thank you, Amanda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #9767 by adnama
Hi again :)

I would also like to set the colour of hovered first level item and active first level item to colour orange.

In the documentation it offers the code to do this. To clarify do I just copy and paste this code anywhere in the maximenuhck.php file??
Eg color : orange;

Also does anyone know where I can find the style info for the cart drop down window on my home page (ref: saranadin.info). I'm trying to match the submenus drop down style to the cart drop down box - with the exception of the colour change above. I'm close but not quite right yet.

It seems too, that one of my menu items isn't changing when hovered over (to a smaller size as the others do). Any thoughts on why this is?

Thank you!! :)

More
11 years 6 months ago #9771 by ced1870
Hi

1/ how to remove vertical lines separating each menu item
remove the background on
Code:
div#maximenuck ul.maximenuck li.level1
line 81 in

modules/mod_maximenuck/themes/default/css/maximenuhck.php

2/ how to remove the underline on the sub-menu
remove the border line 157 on
Code:
div#maximenuck ul.maximenuck2 li a.maximenuck, div#maximenuck ul.maximenuck2 li span.separator

3/how to put the sub-menu in front of the search box

templates/theme276/css/virtuemart.css

line 211 on

#search

change the z-index to 0 and in the maximenu options give a zindex = 100

for the hover color, use the plugin maximenu params :)
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
11 years 6 months ago #9774 by adnama
Hi CEd :)

Awesome!! Thank you so much for all that :cheer: It is truly a relief for me... I think I mentioned I had spent two days trying out others to no avail.

I managed to follow the steps and while step 3 worked like a charm, now that I can see the full length of the drop down menu box for the sub-menu - I see they're sitting behind the black virtuemart category menu that sits across the page.

May I stretch your kindness a little more and ask how I can bring the sub-menus to the forefront here?

To help I have created a column so that the sub-menu doesn't have to go as deep. So far so good.

Though the hover colour change doesn't seem to be working at this stage - I have set font to yes and colour # for both main and sub menus in Styles Customization (Plugin Maximenu params). I must be missing a setting somewhere? Do I need to set the normal and active states also so that the system knows the difference?

I have to say it is quite magical to have this much control over the menu...thank you for a well and truly amazing extension.

Thank you so much again!! :)
Amanda

More
11 years 6 months ago #9778 by ced1870
in templates/theme276/css/products.css line e 3
change the z-index on
.moduletable-category

(note that all this is only dependant on your template css ;) )
I have spent few minutes to find what is the problem with the hover color. In the module styles, (not the syltes customization tab) you have few fields with a note that they are deprecated. Please cancel all colors that you have put there ....
Ced

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: adnama

More
11 years 6 months ago #9779 by adnama
Awesome! Thank you CEd :) :woohoo: really do appreciate your help. :)

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1229 guests and no members online