1st sub-sub menu item is narrow

1st sub-sub menu item is narrow was created by cubefree

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #1978
See link here:http://www.animalsurgical.com/_upgrade/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26&Itemid=107

I have set the sub-menu items: Services > Surgery sub-menu width CK param: 240px

But for some reason the first menu item under this: "See List of All Veterinary Surgeries" is staying narrow at 180px.

The only way I can get it to fill the entire submenu is give CK Param Settings: NEW column, RETURN to line... HOWEVER, this also moves its parent, Surgery down also.

Any ideas why??

The 2nd sub-menu item "Special Surgeries with FAQs:" work when I set the column width to 240px as well, with NEW column and RETURN to line set.

Seem like I should not have to set any column widths on sub-sub menu items, no?
Last Edit:12 years 1 month ago by cubefree
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by ced1870.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: 1st sub-sub menu item is narrow

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #1979
hi
there are 2 parameters :
- submenu width defined in the parent "services" : will give a width for the whole container, but not for the items inside it
- column width on "See List of All Veterinary Surgeries" will set the item width

so you should set the column width :
-- "services" (set nothing special)
--- "See List of All Veterinary Surgeries" (set a column with width, do not return to the line)
--- "next item" (do nothing)

try this, just set one column at the first subitem
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by cubefree on topic Re: 1st sub-sub menu item is narrow

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #1985
yes, I have tried all those settings.

I think I understand the settings fairly well, and it all worked correctly for my second level of menu items, which is the icon + a column of items, side by side.

The only one that lets the tertiary menu fill the entire column width at 240px (100%) is setting the menu item as such:
  • View List of All Surgeries to MAKE NEW column (YES), and
  • RETURN to LINE (YES), but this bumps it's parent down a row also!? Not sure why? :unsure:

It seems I should not need extra CSS for this, right? -- See the pic attached... see the red area? Clearly the MM CK menu is making the sub-menu 240px, but the sub-items never fill the entire column They should go thru red area.

I am happy to let you login as an admin to try it. :cheer:

But one other thing that is also strange::S
I can no longer use the the sort provided by the Joomla menu manager column header "ORDER".

For some reason, the dB is not retaining ordering by number assignment. When I have tried it, it changes the menu order wrongly.

What's odd though... is that ONLY the menu items I have added since installing MM CK fall out of order. :blink:

Any one else report on this?

IF YOU WANT TO TEST THIS... I will make you a copy of the site.
Last Edit:12 years 1 month ago by cubefree
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by cubefree.

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #2003
hum
yes give me an admin access, I have to try.
For the second thing I never had this issue reported, and I don't know how this could be due to maximenu. I will test it
Ced

by ced1870

Replied by cubefree on topic Re: 1st sub-sub menu item is narrow

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #2009
Thank you for taking a look at the menu issue.

I am not sure if only maxi menu items are the only ones NOT observing the Ordering rules, any more.

I installed MaxiMenu CK and proceeded alot of menu changes, that's when I noticed NEW menu items (after the install) were no longer staying in proper order IF I SAVED via the Order column header.

If you do assign numbers click Order column header and SAVE, that's when things get weird... So you may want to take look at the submenu width and make changes there first.

Thanks, Joomla finally has a great and flexible menu choice! I will certainly review in the extension library.

Regards,

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #2016
I have just tested on my side, no issue with ordering.

ok for the submenus :
- services : submenu width 330px
-- services image : create a column 75px
-- surgery : create a column 240px
-- sub sub menu : create a column 240px (DO NOT return the line as it is a new first column)

it works. The problem was on the first parent that had a submenus width lower that the width of the two columns inside.
For the ordering issue, I have disabled the maximenu params plugin and the problem is still here. You have a lot of other things that may cause this issue. Try to unpublish all non native plugins, test, try to find which extension is in cause
Regards
Ced

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.687 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1065 guests and no members online