Article display problem in Joomla 4

Replied by ced1870 on topic Article display problem in Joomla 4

Posted 1 year 5 months ago #66393
ok let me know if you need my support
I think that in any case, the menu shall not render any issue.

I let you check on your side and come back to me

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: ajos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ajos on topic Article display problem in Joomla 4

Posted 1 year 5 months ago #66397
Everything seems ok, thank you again for this precious help
by ajos

• Aks
  • Aks's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by Aks on topic Article display problem in Joomla 4

Posted 1 year 5 months ago #66406
Hi Cedric,

I redid the whole thing, trying to follow your documentation and just using the main menu. Can I ask you one question?

I created some sub-menu items that have the "Menu item type" set to "Articles by category listing in Maximenu CK" with the category set to one specific category, e.g. "Conférences européennes".

However, to get this to work properly, I had to create a menu item of the type "Menu heading" under the main menu item "Conférences".
maxi
In other words, I have the menu items Conférences -> Conférences européennes (dummy item) -> Conférences européennes (maximenuCK)

Otherwise, if I put Conférences européennes (maximenuCK) directly under Conférences, it displays directly all the subcategories underneath the category "Conférences européennes" directly in the menu (in this case, these are years), rather than as sub-items which would display only when you cursor over the menu item "Conférences européennes".

Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?

The website is at: france.upf.org/joomla4

P.S. What do I need to change to modify the colour and background of a menu item that is a "menu heading"?
Last Edit:1 year 5 months ago by Aks
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Aks.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Article display problem in Joomla 4

Posted 1 year 5 months ago #66431

"Menu item type" set to "Articles by category listing in Maximenu CK"

ok

o get this to work properly, I had to create a menu item of the type "Menu heading" under the main menu item "Conférences".

ok

if I put Conférences européennes (maximenuCK) directly under Conférences, it displays directly all the subcategories

yes
the item that you use as Maximenu CK item type will be replaced by the module content. In your case : Conférences européennes (maximenuCK)
you can put this where you want, it will not render the menu item text, only the module content

P.S. What do I need to change to modify the colour and background of a menu item that is a "menu heading"?

in each menu item edition (joomla menu manager) you will get teh maximenu options where you can style it. if you have some problems, you can try to switch it to a "separator" type

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.693 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 936 guests and no members online