Article display problem in Joomla 4

• Aks
  • Aks's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Article display problem in Joomla 4 was created by Aks

Posted 1 year 4 months ago #66365
Dear Cedric,

I am using MaximenuCK to display subcategories in the form of a menu. For example, at france.upf.org/conferences/conferences-europeennes , you can see the list of years corresponding to European conferences displayed on the left and the articles are displayed normally to the right of the module.

In my Joomla 4 test site however, it's as if the articles are being displayed within the sidebar-left column of the Cassiopeia template. See for example france.upf.org/joomla4/conferences/conferences-europeennes

I am using MaximenuCK version 9.1.27 on Joomla Joomla! 4.2.4.

Do you have any idea what might be causing this?

It just occurred to me that it appears to be acting as if the website is being displayed on a mobile phone.

I should mention that I only just realised that on the Joomla 3 website, at the link above, the articles are displayed correctly, but the footer is partly off the page to the left. However, this is not the case for the similar france.upf.org/conferences/conferences-internationales . If I unpublish the MaximenuCK module, the footer is dosplayed correctly.

Thanks,

Alan
Last Edit:1 year 4 months ago by Aks
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Aks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Article display problem in Joomla 4

Posted 1 year 4 months ago #66373
Hi
the problem comes from the menu structure
there is somewhere a problem that makes the menu to not close correctly the tags and then alter the layout
please check in your menu structure that all your links are published, available public with no resctricion
the problem could be du to a parent item that is unpublished and the child/children are published, or something like that

you can try to unpublish all the items, then publish them one by one to find at which moment the problème occurs, it will tell you which menu item is in cause
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

• Aks
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by Aks on topic Article display problem in Joomla 4

Posted 1 year 4 months ago #66376
Thank you Cédric. Actually the only menu items I have are the top menu items for the overall structure. For example a "European Conferences" one which corresponds to the "European Conferences" category. Then, I use Maximenu CK to build a sort of menu to access the sub-categories, for which there are no menu items.

The tests suggest that as soon as there are 2 levels of sub-categories, the problem occurs. With only one level of sub-category, the problem does not occur, even if I make a new sub-category and there are no others.

This however worked fine in the Joomla 3 website.

Posted 1 year 4 months ago #66377
ok thanks for the clarification
I will try to reproduce the issue

by ced1870

Posted 1 year 4 months ago #66380
I'm not able to reproduce the issue by my side
can you setup a copy as test website ? or may be send me an akeeba backup by email ?
I need to check what is wrong in your environment

by ced1870

• Aks
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Replied by Aks on topic Article display problem in Joomla 4

Posted 1 year 4 months ago #66384
Dear Cedric,

I see. Sorry. The problem must be with my website then, in which case I should look for it myself.

However, if you do wish to look at it, this is a test website at: france.upf.org/joomla4/administrator

(The production one is at the root: france.upf.org/administrator

This message contains confidential information

(I wonder if the way I'm doing this is incorrect. I'm just making a MaximenuCK module appear on the left when a particular menu item is selected in the main menu. In other words, I don't have an actual sub-menu set up. Maybe I should try doing this differently.)

Cedric, I think the way I've been doing this may be all wrong. I don't want to waste your time. Let me look into it first.

Time to create page: 0.664 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 724 guests and one member online