Just an Idea and some Hope !

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #20907 by tarundas
Thank you CEd for your advice.

The problem is, sometimes delay is obvious even with a 350 KB or lower file size if the download speed is slow for the moment or the network congestions for any reason.

SURPRISINGLY, all the features I asked in my first post is ALREADY THERE. Yes it's there.

I discovered it recently. All these times I have been thinking how come an extension so rich with features doesn't have such a common feature? Almost all good online picture viewers come with this common feature. When you click for next picture it gives the user a clue of picture is being leaded in form of progress bar or animation or a message. How come our dear Slideshow CK missed this feature?. The reality is IT didn't.

BUT, there is a bug. And certainly it's a bug. Try this, upload some bigger picture files ( 400kb to 1mb or even bigger) in your host server. Turn off the autoplay option. Refresh your page. You will see a round animation is rotating in the center of the picture area for few seconds to give you an hint that picture is being loaded. Once first picture is loaded try the 'Previous' ( Left side navigation button) and you can see that round loader animation appears again in the center of current picture and animates until the next picture is loaded. Try a couple of more times with the 'Previous' (<) navigation button. Loader animation appears everytime whenever there is a dealy in downloads. Isn't it cute and perfect? Yes it is.

Refresh the page again. Now try the 'Next' (>) right side navigation button. The round loader animation will never appear to give you any hint that picture is being loaded. If the file is bigger you will see a BLANK picture area for few seconds or more and then the picture will appear suddenly or even worse you can see next picture is appearing slowly and then it will resize itself to fit the picture area in front of your eyes.

Everything I wished in my first post is already present in the LEFT(Previous) navigation button but missing in the RIGHT(Next) navigation button.

PLEASE HELP me to fix this problem. I guess that I need to change some code for this. That's OK with me if you give me some idea where and what exactly I have to change.

Regards,
Tarun
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by tarundas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #20929 by ced1870
please remind me next week because for now I don't have the time to work on this

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
10 years 2 months ago #20991 by tarundas
Thank you. I will :)

More
10 years 2 months ago #21066 by tarundas
Hi CEd,

If you haven't already, please take a moment to look into the matter...

If you have, thank you.

Regards,
Tarun

More
10 years 2 months ago #21069 by ced1870
Hi
sorry I'm busy these days on a big improvement of Maximenu :)
so I don't have the time for now to work on this problem...
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #21072 by tarundas
That's OK. You have your priorities.
I just reminded you of what you asked me to do in your previous post.

Thanks
Tarun
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by tarundas.

Time to create page: 0.545 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 570 guests and no members online