Just an Idea and some Hope !

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #20869 by tarundas
First let me thank you for this awesome module. Even many paid extensions do not have so many features.

An idea that I hope to see in future versions...

I have bigger file size pictures. I made 'Autoplay' = "No" in Effects Options. If you click 'Next' navigation button after hovering the mouse over the picture the picture area goes blank and giving no clue to the user that image is being loaded and suddenly appears after few minutes (depending on the actual file size of the picture). A round animated progress bar in the center (like one that appears for the first time when you load the page) or something like that will be excellent to give the slow internet user a clue.

In some cases the user can watch the whole process of picture being loaded in smaller size ( kind of fit-to-height ratio) and resizing itself to the auto width and height % (mentioned in the 'Styles Option') at the end. An awkward event for webmasters :). I hope this will be corrected in future virsions and picture will not be shown until it is completely loaded and resized in the background according to parameters defined in Style Options.

Rest of the features are really wonderful. Thank you again

Regards
Tarun

Screenshots are attached for better understanding
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by tarundas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #20876 by ced1870
Hi

First let me thank you for this awesome module. Even many paid extensions do not have so many features.

thank you :)

if I understand the problem is that the file is too big and needs a lot of time to be loaded ?
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #20877 by tarundas
Exactly ... in this case pictures around 5mb size .... delay in loading is normal but a blank screen leaves no clue for the user ...and questions arrises in his/her mind ... "Is the file corrupt?" ... "did I do something wrong?" and they start to click on the navigation button fanatically.

Thank you for your reply

regards,

Tarun

More
10 years 2 months ago #20878 by ced1870

around 5mb size

wow !!! really ? that is to big, you are not in photoshop here but on an internet connection ;)
I think that people won't look at your photos because waiting minutes for a photo to be shown is not possible. You must resize them to show in the slideshow, about 300-400 kb is good. Then if you want the visitor to be able to download it you can give the big size file
CEd

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #20879 by tarundas
Right you are ...and I am doing that at the moment ...the problem is we organise the photo competition ... and photos are sent by the users, mostly by professional photographers ... and they like to see each and every shade of color as it was in the original picrure sent to us. Downsizing a 5 mb picture to 400 kb is a huge quality compromise photographers won't like. An indication of any sort that picture is being loaded will make everything excellent.

Thank you anyway :)

Regards

Tarun

More
10 years 2 months ago #20880 by ced1870
you can make lower res photos in the slideshow, and add a link to the big image in a lightbox for example :)

Time to create page: 0.542 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 594 guests and no members online