JSON Error - J3.10.11

Replied by neilz@techie.com on topic JSON Error - J3.10.11

Posted 1 year 3 weeks ago #67907

ced1870 wrote: ok I did not understand the situation. I thought that reinstalling has fixed it
Please (using the Pro version) go in the plugins of your website >> slideshowck type >> you shall have a list with all addons (folder, hikashop...)
disable these plugins and check if the problem is gone

(I work on wampserver too and everything is ok, so this is not the problem)

OK ...

- Uninstalled the 'free' version and uninstalled all plugins and modules assocaited with it.
- Installed v2.4.0, went to the Modules section, created a new module and just entered a Title and adjusted the Menu Assignment to only show on the home page.   Saved it with no problems.
-
Enabled the Slideshow CK - Folder plugin. Went back to the module, source tab, selected the folder with the pictures I want in the slideshow.   They imported and replaced the demo pictures.    Saved the module with no problems.
-
Adjusted the options to what I need on the page.  Saved with no problems.
-
Adjusted the Effects. Saved with no issues.
- Selected the Position and enabled the module.  saved with no issues.

It works fine on the main page.  

- I then enabled the ARTICLES plugin, tried to open the module and got the JSON error.  Cleared my browser cache, could not clear the error.  Uninstalled the ARTICLES plugin, still got the error trying to open the module.  Trashed the module, then went into trash and deleted it.   Created a new module, entered all the options and position, saved without error.  Displays on main page properly.

Apparently there may be an issue with the ARTICLES plugin. I'm not sure, but again, nothing in the PHP error log.

Right now the module is working and I don't need to import anything from an article, but if there's anything I can provide to assist, it would not be a problem.

Neil Zampella

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic JSON Error - J3.10.11

Posted 1 year 3 weeks ago #67914
ok great that you found the cause. It could be that the articles plugin is the cause

I have tried to reproduce that in joomla 3.10 by my side, but it works
then I suppose that the problem is also related to something with your server/database
the JSON could be related to a problem in the length of data when saving the module that is too much and then truncated
if truncated, the data can no more be decoded from the json format

Please try on another server if you can ...

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by neilz@techie.com on topic JSON Error - J3.10.11

Posted 1 year 3 weeks ago #67917

ced1870 wrote: ok great that you found the cause. It could be that the articles plugin is the cause

I have tried to reproduce that in joomla 3.10 by my side, but it works
then I suppose that the problem is also related to something with your server/database
the JSON could be related to a problem in the length of data when saving the module that is too much and then truncated
if truncated, the data can no more be decoded from the json format

Please try on another server if you can ...

OK ... I'll see what I can do ...

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.629 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 663 guests and no members online