JSON Error - J3.10.11

JSON Error - J3.10.11 was created by neilz@techie.com

Posted 1 year 4 weeks ago #67857
Hi,

I was looking for a replacement for the current slideshow module I was using, as its not J4 compliant and the developer (Joomlashine) has gone out of business.  

Came across your module and it appears to satisfy all my needs, as well as being J3 and J4 compliant.   I am testing on a local WAMP server copy of my site, as I am in the process of replacing the template for the same reason I'm looking for a new slideshow, so I'm messing around with designs, etc.

I was going to use the module 'out of the box' as a test using the included pictures.    I created the module, titled it, set the position, adjusted where I wanted to see if via the Menu Assignment, clicked on SAVE, and up popped an error:

Error decoding JSON data: Control character error, possibly incorrectly encoded.

I'm not sure where the JSON file is located, or else I'd be able to take a look at it.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil Zampella

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic JSON Error - J3.10.11

Posted 1 year 3 weeks ago #67858
Hi
where does this error occur ? in the module admin on save, or on front ?
Please enable the debug mode in the config of your website and tell me if you have an additional message
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by neilz@techie.com on topic JSON Error - J3.10.11

Posted 1 year 3 weeks ago #67893

ced1870 wrote: Hi
where does this error occur ? in the module admin on save, or on front ?
Please enable the debug mode in the config of your website and tell me if you have an additional message
CEd

Hi,

It happens after I click on SAVE when I setup the module on the backend.   I did enable the debug, and I've attached a screen cap of the debug display. I'm on PHP v7.4.33, but there are no PHP errors.  Unfortunately, I'm running this on Wampserver locally.    I'm also trying to use a new Joomlart template, and it may be due to the position.    I've adjusted the _modules table entry and removed that position to see what happened, and it didn't change that error, so I deleted that copy of the module.

I then went into another copy of the module, just entered a title, and did a Menu Assignment to only display on the main page, again clicked SAVE, and it produced the error.    I changed the template back to Protostar as default and tried again,  same as before.    Once more, I trashed the last created module, only entered a title, and tried to save .. error.

Uninstalled the component.   Installed the 'lite' version 2.3.15, again entered just a title and clicked SAVE, no error.    Reverted back to the Joomlart template, and setup the 'lite' module for where I would like it to appear, and it works fine.

I hope this helps??

Neil
Attachments:

Posted 1 year 3 weeks ago #67897
ok great that it works after reinstall
I don't know what happened but it was relating to joomla and the extension installation. The JSON error does not come from my code

by ced1870

Replied by neilz@techie.com on topic JSON Error - J3.10.11

Posted 1 year 3 weeks ago #67901

ced1870 wrote: ok great that it works after reinstall
I don't know what happened but it was relating to joomla and the extension installation. The JSON error does not come from my code

Um ... note ... the error was coming from your SlideshowCK v2.4.0 .... not the 'lite' version.   I have a paid subscription to the 2.4.0 version as I wanted the additional features.   Again, all I had to to was open the module, and try to save the information I entered, and the JSON error appeared.

I don't know if it is because I'm running it on Wampserver locally, I can try loading it on the 'live' site to see if it happens there.   Again, J! 3.10.11 right now, preparing to move it to J! 4.x

Neil

Posted 1 year 3 weeks ago #67905
ok I did not understand the situation. I thought that reinstalling has fixed it
Please (using the Pro version) go in the plugins of your website >> slideshowck type >> you shall have a list with all addons (folder, hikashop...)
disable these plugins and check if the problem is gone

(I work on wampserver too and everything is ok, so this is not the problem)

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.639 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 664 guests and no members online