Video Not Playing in Slideshow

Replied by ced1870 on topic Video Not Playing in Slideshow

Posted 1 year 8 months ago #65491
thank you for the access
here is the situation :
1/ your video url does not work at all. If you want to play a video in the slideshow, the video must work :)
See the url, paste it in your browser and you will see that there is an error
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/watch?v=OuZYbtTkwD8

2/ in your url you can see that you did not add the "autoplay" parameters as per the youtube documentation, then you video could not autoplay even if it worked

3/ I have then put one of my videos to show you that it works. Here is the url that I use :
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/5p_dSIWUEWI?autoplay=1
now you can go on your website, enabe the autoplay in your browser and check the result

4/ in your email

I just did a speedtest on it at gtmetrix and it's loading super slow, so sorry about that. When I looked at the waterfall I see tons of red in regard to YT:

there is nothing related to Slideshow CK here, if you decide to load a Youtube video on your websitte, then of course you will load all the assets from it
if you have a problem with the Youtube performance, you shall ask Google :)

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by cybersalt on topic Video Not Playing in Slideshow

Posted 1 year 8 months ago #65493
Thanks for sorting that out. I have no idea where I got that url from - I'll have to rewatch the live stream so see how I did that so I don't do it again.

After posting, I figured out the page load speed issue. I had the no password webauthn plugin published and right now that is killing J4.2.1's speed. It also doesn't help that I have a ridiculously large photo in that slide show - it was just one I used during the live stream.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.706 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1106 guests and one member online