Accordeon mobile confuses styles

Replied by jrisken on topic Accordeon mobile confuses styles

Posted 5 years 9 months ago #48976
Yeah. I found it.

For the benefit of other newbies to Joomla, here is what was confusing to me and might also be confusing to you:
I started with the desktop AccordeonCK, then added AccordeonCK Params pluin so I could style the resulting menu.

On a mobile device that menu, styled by me would appear but it would behave poorly - not shrinking to a button or getting out of the way for other content.

So I added the Accordeon mobile plugin. I enabled 'mobile' in my Accordeon module and got a different menu on some mobile devices with none of my styling - even though the module still showed my styling to be in effect.

As ced notes, that's because those styles do not apply to those menu items when the menu switches to a mobile device. That's something that may seem obvious if you've been hanging out in Joomla for a while, which I have not. And it's complicated by the fact that there ARE two different themes available for the mobile menu, but those can't be chosen or toggled under the 'mobile options' in the Accordeon module. Rather you have to go the Accordeon mobile plugin and choose one of the two there.

I am also discovering that I can add some CSS at the end of the responsive CSS file to force a color scheme on to the mobile menu. It would be nice if the default mobile menus had the option to borrow background, text, and hover colors from the desktop Accordeon styling. But maybe that's something for a future release.

I hope I've got this correctly stated now. ced has been patient, and I'm sure he'll correct whatever I've gotten wrong.
by jrisken
The following user(s) said Thank You: ced1870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.675 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 771 guests and no members online