Accordeon mobile confuses styles

Accordeon mobile confuses styles was created by jrisken

Posted 5 years 9 months ago #48923
I have a nice-looking desktop Accordeon menu on sbox.thinkagainmn.org.

When I look at the site on my phone, it starts with the same nice-looking menu. But after I choose a menu item, the menu is replaced with a single-line button saying menu on one end and with a hamburger at the other.

When I tap on that button i get a functional but completely differently-styled menu than the one I started with. If I use the phone's Back button instead I get to the correct version of the menu.

Clearly what I want is to always go back to the correct version of the menu.
Last Edit:5 years 9 months ago by jrisken
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by jrisken.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Accordeon mobile confuses styles

Posted 5 years 9 months ago #48926
Hi
if I understand you don't want the mobile menu at all
go in the plugins >> disable the mobile menu

then tell me how it looks like
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by jrisken on topic Accordeon mobile confuses styles

Posted 5 years 9 months ago #48939
The menu does not collapse if mobile is disabled. That means, on my phone, that the article I have selected is somewhere below the bottom of the screen; the user doesn't even know the selection has been made.

Collapsing the menu down to a button on an article click is a necessary behavior for mobile operation. If there were a module I could attach to each article that would do that, I'd be OK with people having to use the Android Back button to go back.

Alterantively, if that article click would scroll the screen to the end of the menu, that would be OK too.
by jrisken

Posted 5 years 9 months ago #48941
you have asked me by email about this and I think that I have not correctly understood what you want to do
let's check together :)

I undestand now that you don't want a mobile menu, but just an icon to collapse the menu (normal desktop menu).
This is not the way to work of the mobile menu ck, it renders a new mobile menu specific for mobile users.

to add a collapse icon, you can check the code in the Protostar template and put it to wrap your menu module position
Code:
<nav class="navigation" role="navigation"> <div class="navbar pull-left"> <a class="btn btn-navbar collapsed" data-toggle="collapse" data-target=".nav-collapse"> <span class="element-invisible"><?php echo JTEXT::_('YOUr_TEXT_HERE'); ?></span> <span class="icon-bar"></span> <span class="icon-bar"></span> <span class="icon-bar"></span> </a> </div> <div class="nav-collapse"> <jdoc:include type="modules" name="mymenu" style="none" /> </div> </nav>
if bootstrap is loaded in your template, it shall work

by ced1870

Replied by jrisken on topic Accordeon mobile confuses styles

Posted 5 years 9 months ago #48965
Actually, I DO want mobile. But I'm confused about styling.

On sbox.thinkagainmn.org if I look at the site on my tablet in landscape mode I see the menu I designed (Using Accordeon CK Params). When I rotate it to portrait mode, the menu is replaced by one which I did NOT design

There are a number of styling options on Accordeon Mobile - but none of them make any difference in the colors displayed in the mobile menu. And there's a drop-down under 'Use the Module Styles'. If I select 'Existing Styles' the 'Select Style' drop-down on the next line offers only a single choice.

I've got to be missing something....
by jrisken

Posted 5 years 9 months ago #48972
the styles from the module and the styles from the mobile menu are 2 different things
1/ module : you can set the style for the normal menu, this is what you already have
2/ mobile menu : to style it you must go in the plugin options, in your plugin manager you will find it "accordeon menu ck mobile". This is where you must go to change the theme

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.807 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 555 guests and no members online