First item in accordeon always active

First item in accordeon always active was created by jhoerlein

Posted 6 years 5 months ago #45687
Hello,

My site includes two uses of the accordeon module. The first menu ( jphtest.com/index.php/dlintro2 ) works correctly, but the second menu ( jphtest.com/index.php ) does not. In this second menu, its first item that has a submenu item, 2017, is always active, even when it is not selected. Both of the menus are built in exactly the same way with the first level item being an 'alias' that is connected to the first menu item under it.

How can I change the 2nd menu so that the first level 1 item in the menu is active only when it is selected?? Thanks much.
Last Edit:6 years 5 months ago by jhoerlein
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by jhoerlein.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic First item in accordeon always active

Posted 6 years 5 months ago #45689
Hi
I think that your request is a duplicate of this
forum.joomlack.fr/index.php/13-accordeon...ordeon-menu?start=30

Am I right ?
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by jhoerlein on topic First item in accordeon always active

Posted 6 years 5 months ago #45690
Hello CED1870,

I felt that our previous string of questions and answers was getting too long, so started a new conversation. You'll note that there is now a new menu, Diamond Light menu ( jphtest.com/index.php/dlintro2 ) which also uses the accordeon extension, but which works correctly. It's menu structure is exactly the same as our problem menu!! You'll also note the light blue menu on the site, which is the planetaryConsc menu as a modMenu.

Thanks for your help.

Replied by ced1870 on topic First item in accordeon always active

Posted 6 years 5 months ago #45691
you can now see that the accordeon menu works correctly :)

the problem is in your menu structure, as already explained and this is out of the scope of the module. I can not tell you where exactly the error is located in your menu, but there is one

You can try to add this css rule in your template
Code:
li.active { color: red !important; }
it will hightlight the active elements in red. You can easily see that your item "2017" ID 2328 is active on the home page and all other pages, but also in the other menu ! this is not a problem specific to Accordeon Menu CK

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.715 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 476 guests and no members online