Styling the Accordeon Menu

Replied by ced1870 on topic Styling the Accordeon Menu

Posted 6 years 5 months ago #45450
"mod_menu" is the native joomla menu module. You must check if you got the same problem with this module

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by jhoerlein on topic Styling the Accordeon Menu

Posted 6 years 5 months ago #45469
Hello CED1870,

I copied the files in mod_menu to a mod menu2 folder and set the accordeon menu to read it. I would like to change the menu to initially display the first 2nd-level item in the list. Thereafter, the active menu item would be the same as the selected item.

Could you give me some hints as how to do that, since I've never needed to change php before, and therefore aren't familiar with it. Thanks much.

Posted 6 years 5 months ago #45473
there is a misunderstanding ...I will give you the steps
- go in your modules manager >> New
- Select a "Menu" (mod_menu) module
- in this module options >> select the same menu as for the accordeon menu ck, and publish is in the template position, assigned to all pages

then tell me

by ced1870

Posted 6 years 5 months ago #45486
Hello CED1870,

I did not misunderstand, I did publish the menu using another module. ( See jphtest.com/index.php/2014/april-aries2 .)

The problem still exists. Also, when the page is displayed, the most recent article should be displayed, but it is not. Is this a "bug" in the accordeon menu, or does mod_menu need to be changed as I originally thought.

Thanks much.

Posted 6 years 5 months ago #45489
there is nothing to change in php, that is why I told about a misunderstanding :)
In my mind, your problem comes from your menu structure.
Actually by my side in your page, this is still an accordeon menu that is publish so I can not check that you got the same problem with a native menu, did you check it yourself ?

by ced1870

Posted 6 years 4 months ago #45494
Hello,
I created a module that uses the menu in question, PlanetaryConscMenu, assigning it to mod_menu (See jphtest.com ). The menu works correctly, but I don't see any way to tell if an unselected menu item is active because all of the menu items look the same.

This PlanetaryConscMenu is attached to the main menu via an alias to its first article. Likewise, each 1st level item (2017, 2016,etc.) in PlanetaryConscMenu attaches to the first article below it via an alias. It is created in the same manner as the other two side menus on the site, and they work fine. Is this what you wanted me to do? What else can we try?

Also, how do I set the default article on the PlanetaryConscMenu (which would currently be 2017/Libra)?

Thanks Much!
Last Edit:6 years 4 months ago by jhoerlein
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by jhoerlein.

Time to create page: 0.752 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 497 guests and no members online