Beta test - Template Creator CK for Wordpress

Replied by Car0l on topic Beta test - Template Creator CK for Wordpress

Posted 8 years 3 months ago #31884
Hi Cedric,

I finally found the time to test your beta and as I am doing it on a real project, I may come back here often. But first of all I would like to say that I am really happy you did it !

Let's come to the issues I encountered at first use (some probably related to hosting server or php versions) :

1. I tried using it on our live development domain (hosted on net4all, php version 5.5.9) and there I can neither dowload a template nor install it (tested with wp 4.3.1 and wp 4.4). Export function does not work better. I add 3 screenshot of on screen errors and a sample of the error found on the log. The problem comes from mod_fcgid, I remember having once a similar problem whith a joomla extension and thus opened a net4all support request but they actually say, it comes from the plugin code (may be wrong, tell me and I'll contact them again). If it may help you, I can give you an access to a joomla website on the same domain, phpinfo being enabled, you can see there all the config. I can also of course give you an acess to the wp site tck is installed on. Maybe good to know too, all my joomla tck themes are developed on this domain and I can download on joomla.

Due to point 1, I installed theme CK on my local XAMPP server php 5.6.3 where it is possible to download the themes. The following points have been tested in both the live and local server.

2. The select button on the system images tab does not work, I had to put the path manually. The favicon even if designated does not apply. Maybe it's useless as Favicon may be chosen in wp administration.

3. I can't install fonts (fontSquirrel). The message says CK_TEMPLATE_INSTALLFONT_SUCCESS but the font does not appear in the font list.

4. The styles I select for module titles is not applied.

That's all I remember for now.

Thanks in advance for your patience :)

Helene Kobel
by Car0l
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.

Posted 8 years 3 months ago #31887
I see that the log sample I attached to the previous post did not come so I add it again with an allowed extension.

And I also noticed another issue :

I created the theme on my local server and installed it on the live website. The installed theme is still looking for a stylesheet from the twentyfifteen theme of my local installation (screenshot attached).

Helene
by Car0l
Attachments:

Posted 8 years 3 months ago #31888
Hi again,

Another issue I encoutered :

I can not have any custom code. If I put some in the parameters field, I can sucessfully submit the parameters but when I save the theme, it disappear. It happens only with the custom code field, custom CSS and custom functions seems to be working correctly.

And a suggestion :

Could be usefull to add some woocommerce compatibility : docs.woothemes.com/document/third-party-...theme-compatibility/

I tried both methods but had success only with the first one.

Helene
by Car0l

Replied by ced1870 on topic Beta test - Template Creator CK for Wordpress

Posted 8 years 3 months ago #31897
Hi

But first of all I would like to say that I am really happy you did it !

thank you :)

1/ yes, if you can give me access to a website to test this with a FTP access

2/ reproduced by my side and fixed :)

3/ can you send me the fontsquirrel KIT file that you used ?

4/ reproduced. In fact it does not work in the interface, but if you preview and check your theme in frontend, it works. I will fix this

5/ css file issue : I have seen this and I will fix it

6/ custom code issue : reproduced by my side, I will fix it

7/ woocommerce : I will check this

Thank you for your participation
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 8 years 3 months ago #31898
I have just released the 0.1.4 version that fixes the points 2/ + 4/ + 5/ + 6/

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: Echowan

Posted 8 years 3 months ago #31899
fontsquirrel issue fixed for the next version also :) (just waiting your confirmation)

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: Echowan
Time to create page: 0.714 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1700 guests and no members online