templateDetails.xml

Replied by ced1870 on topic templateDetails.xml

Posted 9 years 1 month ago #26462
no, change it into template creator, then click on the "copy" button in the top menu in the interface, it updates your template if installed into the website ;)

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Dennis on topic templateDetails.xml

Posted 9 years 1 month ago #26464
no, i want the options in joomla. It's possible, i already have some settings in there already, but it's just not logic, to make a template , and then u can not use joomla with the settings

Why i want this?

When i make a website for someone and i am using your tool, and i set the site on his server, and he want to change something, he can't because he don't know Template Creator. He want's to change it in joomla like he always did.
Last Edit:9 years 1 month ago by Dennis
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Dennis.

Posted 9 years 1 month ago #26465
You don't really understand I think :)
Template Creator is designed to make your template in the interface, not to have a blank template taht you can style with the options in the template backend. It is not a framework.

I don't understand why it would be better to play with options in the template, than using the interface and click on copy

by ced1870

Posted 9 years 1 month ago #26466
When i make a website for someone and i am using your tool, and i set the site on his server, and he want to change something, he can't because he don't know Template Creator. He want's to change it in joomla like he always did.

I must not teach him how to use Template Creator
Maybe for me it's handy yes, but not for the website owner

It could be me but every time i do something i stumble upon something that's is impossible. what the.....

Well, maybe when try to compare the Protostar xml and index.php and language folder etc, it's possible to implement that in Template Creator as xml is part of it and i saw that Template Creator already can add stuff to the xml, so why not also in the index.php and tthe necessary files?
Last Edit:9 years 1 month ago by Dennis
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by Dennis.

Posted 9 years 1 month ago #26469
of course all is possible :)
the question is not so simple. As you know you can create the layout you want into template creator, so it is not possible to add the options for any block to set up the colors.
May be just the background color would be ok, but not many more in my mind

by ced1870

Posted 9 years 1 month ago #26482
Well, i could make a template that just have the options that are basic, like background color, logo link, text color, so not really deep into settings. And use that template to make new ones. So all new templates i make have those options. hmmm i guess i'll do that:)
by Dennis

Time to create page: 0.734 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 582 guests and one member online