Template positions are not working when uploaded

Template positions are not working when uploaded was created by avonrivercs

Posted 6 years 7 months ago #44493
Hi, I have been using Templatecreatorck for some time now and have only recently updated to the latest version. I am working on a template for a site and when I save, download then upload the template to the site, some of the modules I have named are not there. For example, I usually delete the logo blocks and create my own 2 or 3 module blocks which I will call Logo, Title and search so that I can configure these how I want. When I upload the template to the site and try to assign a module to Title, it is not there. I also wanted to put a slideshow into the CenterTop module after enabling it, it shows on the site but the slideshow does not display. I have select it to display in one of the other modules, NavBottom and it does display there. I have ensured that all components are up to date and I have cleared the caches and repaired the database. The site I am working on is www.avonrivercomputers.com.au/manninghair if you would like to have a look and tell me what is going on

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Template positions are not working when uploaded

Posted 6 years 7 months ago #44494
Hi
Please clear your browser cache, then download the template in ZIP, then extract it and look in the XML file
tell me if the positions are there or not

Also, do you have some warning during the update/download process in template creator ?
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by avonrivercs on topic Template positions are not working when uploaded

Posted 6 years 7 months ago #44541
Hi Ced,
The module positions are there and activated, but not displaying. An update to this is that after a time, I have checked the site and the slideshow is now displaying. To test, I copied the template in creator and made some adjustments to background, font color etc. Saved the template, downloaded then uploaded to the target site and checked. The changes I made were reflected in the site, all good. I then went back to the creator, made some more changes, specifically background color, saved, downloaded and uploaded again. Checked the site and no change to the original. So it seems to be a cache issue even though I have caching turned off, have cleared the cache and expired cache and cleared the browser caches, Firefox and Chrome. Both display the same and no, I did delete the previous download so it didn't get template (1) as a name. This is so bizarre that I am thinking about wiping the site and starting from scratch in case it is some residual thing. Obviously, no one else is having this issue so can only assume it is my site specific. Will let you know if I still have issues after a clean install. Steve

Posted 6 years 7 months ago #44542

So it seems to be a cache issue

yes, when someone gets this problem, it is a cache problem :)

You can have a cache in joomla, using an extension (like JCH optimize), in your browser, on your server.
Good luck !

by ced1870

Replied by avonrivercs on topic Template positions are not working when uploaded

Posted 6 years 7 months ago #44547
Hi Ced,
Have rebuilt site from scratch, new joomla installation and the module positions seem to be working although I have another issue that I have been noticing since I upgraded to the latest version. when I format the main container to have a 20px gap at the top of the page, I see the preview move and when I validate I see the container in the correct position. When I save the template and download it and upload it, there is no formatting on the container and it is still in the same position. This has happened on 2 templates so far, second template is www.avonrivercomputers.com.au/walter and www.avonrivercomputers.com.au/manninghair If you could look into this, I would appreciate it, thanks in advance, Steve

Posted 6 years 7 months ago #44549
Hi

new joomla installation and the module positions seem to be working

great :)

I format the main container to have a 20px gap at the top of the page

on the 1st url I see the 20px at the top, and 30px on the 2nd url
if you have a cache enabled, this can be the cause of the delay. When working on your website you must not activate the cache

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: avonrivercs

Time to create page: 0.668 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 656 guests and no members online