Material design

Replied by joomleb on topic Material design

Posted 7 years 2 months ago #40141
Hi CEd,

7 - SP Scaled Pixels: not yet, I'm looking for use them now thinking to have a Material template

About a "Material Model Template", Well, I thought about it, but:
Ok I build a "template starting point"
OK on it I start to build 5 templates (for example) with different colors etc., logos etc,

but if I decide/need to add/correct something on my "template starting point", I have to do the work 1 + 5 time...
Is there a way to really build and manage a "template starting point" and make changments (colors / logos etc.) only as options directly oon the template when installed ?

PS If I install a Gabarit with the same name (a Gabarit name yet present), Is it overwritten ? Or a copy is created ?
by joomleb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Material design

Posted 7 years 2 months ago #40145
Hi
for the gabarit, it creates a copy, but if you apply changes it will write in the same template if it has the same name

now for the material template, this looks to me like a framework and some one that wants to push their standards. I don't like this

I'm pretty sure that there are interesting things in this project, but for now still too young to be implemented into template creator

For example with the font, I have no reason to put an external google font by default in the software? Why shall I do that ?

the more you put by default, the more the users will want to adapt later ;)

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 7 years 2 months ago #40175
Hi CEd,
many thanks for your explanation I really appreciate your disposition to dialogue.

About:

ced1870 wrote: Hi
for the gabarit, it creates a copy, but if you apply changes it will write in the same template if it has the same name

I'm not sure I understood, Please, Can you explain me again / more detailed the best way on how to manage an "X model template" with template creator ?
by joomleb

Posted 7 years 2 months ago #40178

Hi CEd,
many thanks for your explanation I really appreciate your disposition to dialogue.

:)
and be sure that I take some time to think about your suggestion before giving my answer

Model method :
1/ create a template (model)
2/ export it
3/ each time you need to create a new template based on the model, import the gabarit
4/ edit the new created template and change its name to the new name
5/ play with your template :)

CEd

by ced1870

Posted 7 years 2 months ago #40185
Thanks, and in case of...:

7/ upgrade the (model) template (bugs, new things etc.)
8/ Is there a way to export it and "update" all the forked tempaltes ?
Or, after the first time, all the "upgrade" have to be done on all the forked templates ?

(In my case is too simple because I'm thinking on different templates where the small differents are only the logo and colours... as far as I can, no more)
by joomleb

Posted 7 years 2 months ago #40186

Is there a way to export it and "update" all the forked tempaltes ?

this is not the way how template creator works. Here you are more thinking like a Framework

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.690 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 796 guests and one member online