Move an element or row into accordion?

Move an element or row into accordion? was created by bostonev

Posted 9 months 1 week ago #68809
[object Object]
I created some sections of a page using page builder. My boss and I think it may be more organized to put them into something expandable like the accordion that I use for things like FAQ's frequently. I was windering if there was a way I could somehow drag the information into the accordion so I don't have to re code it from scratch. I tried the move feature, but I think the problem is that it's trying to drop it inside the WYSYWYG editor rather than the PBCK editor. I have also tried to save the element and drop it in that way but have no success. Here is a link to the page I am building. The area I'm referring to is the packages listed under the Buzz section.  Test Services (bostoneventguide.com)  

If there is a way to do this that would be great. Many times I make a page and then they want certain things changed and they don't realize how much coding goes into it. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Move an element or row into accordion?

Posted 9 months 1 week ago #68811
Hi
If I understand, you have a section that you want to convert into an accordion
I have added a such feature in the tabs addon (you can check yourself), where you can add some addons in each tab
I need to add this feature into the accordion addon too

else you can load a page using the tag {pagebuilderck XX} where XX is the page ID. You can write the text in the accordion, this let you call your saved pages (save your content into pages)

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by bostonev on topic Move an element or row into accordion?

Posted 9 months 1 week ago #68823
That sounds great, I cannot wait to see what is in future updates for your products. I will go ahead and do it manually for now. I see you were working hard as I logged in to find updates for a couple of your products. I did go ahead and give you the 5 star review per our last convo.

One thing I love about your product is the option for icons in various places. I think that they can be very impactful on a site and have begun to use them. I do find that there is not an icon for all my needs, or sometimes you find one in the svg section and then another in the fontawesome section, and they do not always have the same look or feel. So I plan on possibly making my own icon package to use that fits our needs. If I were to do this, would I be able to somehow get them to work with your app? Maybe have a tab for BEG icons where the ones I create would be listed and could be selected? For example, on the page I linked above, I created that bee myself in illustrator. I would like to have it in the accordion title. For example, 'Section 1' would become '-Bee Icon- Buzz Package #1' however, that made me realize another issue that may arise... For buzz package #2 I would like 2 Beez and 3 for package 3 etc. Can I have an icon repeat by putting in the name twice, or would I have to create an icon with 2 beez and use that?

If the above is possible, do you have some guidance on how I could do this?

Replied by ced1870 on topic Move an element or row into accordion?

Posted 9 months 1 week ago #68824
for info I have released the 2.18.9 version which can now move the addons into the accordion
for the icons, the SVG has also the font awesome package, so you shall find it. And I suggest to only use the SVG icons
the FA icons are still there for compatibility reasons
I have already on my list the ability to use your own icons, but this needs some work to be done

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 9 months 1 week ago #68825
also, as a side note, I want to let you know of a small bug I found. After inserting the accordion, you get the 4 sample sections, if you try to click on 'section 1' and rename it (on the page without going into edit this item/accordion edition) it does not allow you to put in spaces in the title. It works fine in the body, just the title. And works fine if you do go to edit this item. I use the edge browser in case it is a browser issue. Just wanted to give a heads up.

Posted 9 months 1 week ago #68826

for info I have released the 2.18.9 version which can now move the addons into the accordion
for the icons, the SVG has also the font awesome package, so you shall find it. And I suggest to only use the SVG icons
the FA icons are still there for compatibility reasons
I have already on my list the ability to use your own icons, but this needs some work to be done

That is great! Maybe it will be done by the time I finish making them. :) Honestly, I have been talking you up to my boss on how dedicated a developer you are and how much help your products have been to me, so if he does not end up buying the pro version, I will myself. I understand the strenuous hours put in to developing things, and to have such dedication to your users sets you above the vast majority. Keep up the great work! 

In the meantime, is there a cheat or some way I can include a png in the accordion title? If not that is fine, I can have the title for now and then put the Beez in the header section.

Time to create page: 0.750 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 719 guests and no members online