Submenus not closing

Submenus not closing was created by eemeli

Posted 11 years 1 month ago #9395
Hi,

I have tagged this as important because I have only three days to get this thing working. I'm editing a site on localhost, Joomla 2.5, most recent version of MaxiMenu 6.1.18, and styles customization plugin installed.

My problem is having two submenus open at the same time. This seems to happen with all menu themes.

The settings are that active submenu items are visible (open) and submenu opens on click, and upwards. This is what I want, because I want the active submenu stay open even when the page refreshes.

The problem: When I click on another menu item on level 1, the submenu underneath it opens. However, the other submenu stays open too. Now I have two open submenus, the one which I clicked open and the other one with the active submenu item. The latter won't close before the active menu item changes.

Of course I understand that the submenu with the active item stays open because of the settings I've chosen. But I'd like to see the item change when I click on the other item on level 1. Now clicking on the item just opens the submenu, but doesn't activate the item itself.

Please help me with this soon. I'm willing to pay a little bit for customization if necessary.

To make more sense to this, I've attached a graph to show what happens.

* Edit *

All menu items are linking to a single article. I tried changing them into something different, but the problem doesn't go away.
Last Edit:11 years 1 month ago by eemeli
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by eemeli.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Submenus not closing

Posted 11 years 1 month ago #9399
Hi
please put your website online so I can test it
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by eemeli on topic Submenus not closing

Posted 11 years 1 month ago #9401
Hi,

The website is now in available in the following temporary address... The CSS and content are still far from what I want it to be, now I just focus on the menu functionalities.
www.digitalstandards.fi/maximenutest/index.php

This is the original site I am assigned to transfer to Joomla (and make it white), and the menu should work exactly the same:
www.suppanen.com/

According to some older threads, the on-click functionality cannot open the submenu AND the menu link in the same time, so it opens only the submenu.
forum.joomlack.fr/index.php/4-maximenu-c...evel-to-be-clickable

But is there any tweak or modification to go around this? I cannot use hover action because in that case the menus won't stay open when the page refreshes. Furthermore, with the hover functionality the subemenus also close too easily when touched, so to keep them open the visitor would have to be careful not the touch them. Not good.

I guess the optimal solution would be on-click function which would open both submenu and the menu link with one click. The secondary solution would be that clicking a menu item would open the submenu under it AND simultaneously close any other open submenus, despite active items.

Once again, I'm willing to pay something for this modification if it's not an easy task. I'm out of options, I already paid almost 100€ to your competitor menu developer to make his menu work the way I want, and in the end he said it cannot be done and doesn't return my money. Nice...

Thank you very much!
by eemeli

Posted 11 years 1 month ago #9404

I guess the optimal solution would be on-click function which would open both submenu and the menu link with one click

for this you don't need maximenu, this is the native menu behavior

The secondary solution would be that clicking a menu item would open the submenu under it AND simultaneously close any other open submenus, despite active items.

this is what should do maximenu. It seems like a bug... I will see this

ced

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: eemeli

Replied by eemeli on topic Submenus not closing

Posted 11 years 1 month ago #9421
Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I have no clue how I could get the native menu open upwards. I need the menu to open upwards and stay open after page load.

If there is a bug I hope you'll have time to look for it. I can try too but I don't know anything about javascript. :)

Thanks!
by eemeli

Posted 11 years 1 month ago #9426
I have added this to my todolist but I'm busy with template creator for now

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: eemeli

Time to create page: 0.658 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1406 guests and no members online