Component/menu item exclusions

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #71865 by Miller
Good afternoon,
I am wondering if there is a way we can exclude the auto toc feature to specific components, or restrict it from others. We need this for all of our articles and our CCK component (Sadly we had to build our own due to K2 not being supported at this time).

I have the automatic TOC feature enabled, which works great! I was also able to style it to how we need quite easily.
(Thank you for the style sheets for easy guidance and not having to dig through the code!)

However, the auto toc feature works almost too well. It is present on our front dashboard page and picking up all of the modules and other components.

Any guidance as to how to restrict it from picking up the header text in modules alone would be great. If we could have a way to restrict it from not being enabled or hidden on specific menu items would be a good option as well.

Thank you so much! Have a great day!

Best regards,
Sarrene'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #71866 by Miller
On a side note, I wanted to let you know that I am working on a custom button for JCE this weekend as part of the plugin. I am not sure how much time I will have to actually have something working. But if others are working on or have something similar, let me know!

This would be a great addition to the TOC though by default.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #71867 by ced1870
Hi
thank you for your request
for the component exclusion, just for info, can you tell me in which component you want it to be disabled ?

and for the editor button, I don't really understand what you want to do : just a button to add the {toc} tag in the content ?
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #71868 by Miller
Good evening!
Currently we use YooTheme for our templeting system, and it (TOK plugin) seems to be taking from the modules as well. It is quite an interesting effect. As far as components go, currently we are using:
• YooTheme PageBuilder
• YooTheme Widget Kit
• JoomProject
• Creative Contact Form Business
• Easy Jobs Manager

May be a few others over time as our sites and business start to progress.

Regarding JCE, yes that is correct. A plugin that adds the button there. I dug in a little, and it seems that custom buttons have been since removed from the JCE. How I see it is that this might be easier than working out a way to exclude components and pages built with a builder like Gantry, Zoo, Yootheme, ,or similar.

I know, I know, I said the evil word "easy".  ;)

Once more, THANK  YOU again! I was trying to figure out how to rebuild mine from 2;5 and 3, but sadly too much of my time now ha my nose deep in business or C++/Python. If it is easier to see the issue in action, I can send you a PM with the URL and login information for the one we are currently using it on. Just dont mind the mess. it is a work in progress for my developers.

Be well and have a great evening!
Sarrene'

More
3 months 1 week ago #71869 by ced1870
ok great, thank you for the details
we can work on that point next week, don't hesitate to remind me on monday so that I can start working on it

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
3 months 1 week ago #71872 by Miller
Thank you, and not a problem. And here I was going to ask you to remind me to remind you. :) Have a great weekend!

Time to create page: 1.108 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 682 guests and no members online