Strange YT video behavior

Strange YT video behavior was created by trogladyte

Posted 7 months 3 weeks ago #69252
www.milesmwp.com/upcoming-tournaments/mw...e-lights-oct-21-2022

On mobile, if I start the video and then click the full-screen icon the screen locks up and I'm unable to scroll to see it.

The video is in a PB Accordion item, embedded with a {loadposition...} smart code (I have the video in a module). I thought it may be that logic that was doing it (though it works fine on every other video set up that way) so just used YouTube's embed code. Same issue.

Also, when first opened, the video is not 100% width (though set as that) like other videos in different tournaments.

Just can't see what's different with this article to other similar articles.

UPDATE:

Completely rebuilt the page from scratch. Completely rebuilt the video module from scratch. Downloaded the video from YouTube and uploaded to the site as a local file and added via the JCE video tool. All failed in the same way.

2nd UPDATE:

This has really been bugging me. Like I said, I'd completely rebuilt the page and that didn't fix it. This morning I went back to it again and started with just the video; it worked. I slowly added blocks, leaving the Horizontal Tabs and Accordion blocks to last. Unfortunately, at some point (and I didn't stop to note when) the video started its old behavior. I think what I did was move blocks around after adding everything (makes no sense, but...).

Rebuilt the page all over again, just like previously, carefully adding block by block and checking the video working after each add. Somehow, it now works as expected. The annoying thing is I don't know why the old versions don't. :-(

A good landing is one you can walk away from.
A great landing is one where you can reuse the aircraft!

Last Edit:7 months 3 weeks ago by trogladyte
Last edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by trogladyte.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Strange YT video behavior

Posted 7 months 3 weeks ago #69258
Hi
your url returns a 404 error, I can not see the problem
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by trogladyte on topic Strange YT video behavior

Posted 7 months 3 weeks ago #69277
Try  www.milesmwp.com/under-lights . Sorry, been messing with this for hours and changed URLs.

Posted 7 months 3 weeks ago #69280
1/ just to be sure, the problem is on the video "under the light 2023" ?
2/ is it on mobile , on computer, or on both ?
3/ and the problem is that the fullscreen does not work correctly ? or is it the video width inside the tab ?

by ced1870

Replied by trogladyte on topic Strange YT video behavior

Posted 7 months 2 weeks ago #69316
Yes, Under the lights 2023 -  www.milesmwp.com/under-lights

Only on mobile; desktop is fine.

You can play the video fine until clicking the fullscreen icon. Then the video disappears off the viewable area, and scrolling, or any movement of the page. seem locked. I completely rebuilt the page from scratch (you can see it via the Upcoming Events menu item) and finally made it work, but there's some bug in the old page. Not a big deal Ced, so don't spend a bunch of time on it. I wouldn't have posted except I rebuilt the page entirely once previously and it failed. The one I got to work properly was the second rebuild.

Posted 7 months 2 weeks ago #69321
ok I see the problem now
the other problem is how to fix it ! I have no idea for now about what shall be done and as this occurs only on mobile it will need a lot of invetigations to be found

I'm still busy with the V3 of PBCK, please remind me in 2 weeks to see if I can reproduce it and work on it

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.721 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 851 guests and one member online