J!3 --> J!4

J!3 --> J!4 was created by trogladyte

Posted 1 year 11 months ago #64217
I'm slowly changing all my sites over to J!4. Still have issues with how it's laid out (it seems the devs thinks everyone now edits their sites on phones or tablets and have built it as such), but I want to get them all done before J!3's EoL and I'm forced into it.

I thought I'd try exporting elements (both page and single element) from an existing J!3 site to my new J!4 site. And it works, mostly!! I can export, then import, but get this error:

An error has occurred.
0 You have not supplied a valid HTTP status code

However, if I look in either "Pages" or "My Elements" both imports are there and I can access them and they look correct. I added the element to an article and it looks great (excepting the missing image which I haven't copied over yet).

The major issue is with "Pages". While I can see, and open, the imported page, the Joomla menu item "Page Builder CK" which used to have "Single Page" under it is gone. So, there's no way to display that page anymore.

I am trying to find an easy way of doing these migrations. I just tried jMigrate which did nothing more than break the receiving (new) site I'd set up. I build every article and module with Page Builder CK. Is there a way we can get PB to migrate these articles by adjusting the export/Import routines a little? I don't have many sites where users are going to be an issue, and images are easy. Articles, for me anyway, are where the time will run away with itself!

A good landing is one you can walk away from.
A great landing is one where you can reuse the aircraft!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by trogladyte on topic J!3 --> J!4

Posted 1 year 11 months ago #64218
Another issue. Not so much related to the whole process, but, when I select multiple items in the source (J!3) site, and choose export, it only exports the first item, not all of them.

Replied by ced1870 on topic J!3 --> J!4

Posted 1 year 11 months ago #64221
Hi

I don't know where this comes from, I have no issue with the import feature by my side

the Joomla menu item "Page Builder CK" which used to have "Single Page" under it is gone

this is NOT an issue. This has been removed since years, may be that you still had the option because you are an old user :) and that the feature has been installed before I remove it. You must only use the articles and the menu item to them to create your content
the pages must be used as a library

I am trying to find an easy way of doing these migrations

you should be able to simply update your joomla version with 1 clic in the joomla update manager from J3 to J4

when I select multiple items in the source (J!3) site, and choose export, it only exports the first item, not all of them.

yes you can only export one file at once

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 1 year 11 months ago #64232

I have reproduced the issue ! I will work on it

by ced1870

Posted 1 year 11 months ago #64233
PS : I also confirm that this does not affect the import, the page is correctly stored on the website. This is only a redirection issue

by ced1870

Replied by trogladyte on topic J!3 --> J!4

Posted 1 year 11 months ago #64236
Thanks for the reply as always Ced. Yes, I AM an OLD user (literally and figuratively!! Turned 61 last month... :cheer: I haven't used single page in a loooong time, but this older site did have a couple of instances of it, so it's the first time I'd looked for it for ages.

As far as doing the 1-click upgrade, I've had almost no success with that. I usually end up with totally broken sites. I think I've had maybe 1 or 2 attempts work correctly. That's why I'm looking at other ways to upgrade.

Time to create page: 1.090 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1308 guests and no members online