Page Builder CK not working properly on blog pages

Page Builder CK not working properly on blog pages was created by Witchypaws

Posted 2 years 6 months ago #62038
Hi Ced

I have created a test page and articles here valleyoutdoors.com.au/test

The site is Joomla 3.10.2 with template creator 5.0.6 and page builder 2.11.3 pro

The template is working fine on normal articles and page builder articles EXCEPT when I try to create any sort of blog, it completely ignores the full width settings on rows from the template not included in the main content area which is the only area i have at contained width

The page above is an attempt to do a blog page using page builder CK

On this page I have attempted a normal Joomla blog category menu item and I get the same issue

I can't put too many links in message so the other page is the same as above but test-2

The blog is one column and the layout is fine but the rest of the template gets squashed up to the same size as the blog instead of being fullwidth

Then I have another issue

When I click on this article valleyoutdoors.com.au/test-2/kangaroo-va...ture-a-new-journey-2 , the image gallery is all one column even though I set it to 3 columns

This does not happen if I set a menu item just for that article but the minute is is pulled from a blog, it happens intermittently

See test-3 which is just a single article menu item

Here the gallery is as it should be and the template is as well

Can you help, I cannot work out why it is not working for blogs and the client really needs to use a blog listing moving forward

Thanks

Jacqui

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Page Builder CK not working properly on blog pages

Posted 2 years 6 months ago #62042
Hi
for the blog layout, please check that you are not using the readmore from Joomla, you must use the readmore addon from Page Builder CK (in the left panel)
for the image gallery, I have it on 3 columns by my side, I don' t understand what you mean with "test-3" ... Please give me an url where I can see the problem

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Witchypaws on topic Page Builder CK not working properly on blog pages

Posted 2 years 6 months ago #62067
HI Ced

Thanks, that fixed the template layout when using a PAGE Builder Blog page

Don't worry about test 3 and the picture galleries are showing in columns now and I can't replicate them not again so let's table that as well

However, I still have an issue

In Page Builder blog layouts, there only seems to be one layout with the image on top of the intro text and read more button

My clients want the blog layout per article to be horizontal not vertical like on this page valleyoutdoors.com.au/valley-outdoors/meet-the-team

Now if I used a classic Joomla blog category menu link, I can achieve that look but I would have to use the Joomla read more link on the articles and it breaks the template width again. It doesn't break the template if I use a standard Joomla article but then we can't put in photo galleries or any of the cool stuff that the page builder has in the articles without creating modules all the time and that is too hard for the clients to do.

I really need a solution to the problem of creating Page Builder articles and a standard Joomla blog category page that won't stuff up the template.

I am happy to create some extra css if you can point me in the right direction of what I need to do for it to override page builder articles breaking my template on standard joomla blog links

This is something I have run up against on other sites as well but we just went with standard joomla articles because the clients didn't want galleries, etc in their blogs so its been a bit of an ongoing issue for me but this time we don't want to compromise, and we can't mount a joomla blog without using the joomla read more

Alternatively, if can give me some css that let's me put the photo to the left of the text and button on page builder blogs, then I could use that for all my clients in future and that would solve the issue and allow blogs with galleries and videos, etc.

But not offering a horizontal layout for the blog inside the page builder is a big deficit for me right now

Thanks

Jacqui

Replied by ced1870 on topic Page Builder CK not working properly on blog pages

Posted 2 years 6 months ago #62069
Hi
2 things :
- you can use the Joomla blog with Page Builder CK. You must use the readmore ADDON from Page Builder CK and NOT the readmore from the standard editor (joomla readmore button)
- in the Page Builder CK Blog addon, you can choose the grid layout (edition >> blog layout >> layout >> grid), it will show the horizontal layout as you request

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Witchypaws on topic Page Builder CK not working properly on blog pages

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #62326
Thanks CEd

That's all working fine now

Thanks

Jacqui

Posted 2 years 5 months ago #62442
HI Ced

Still a little unclear on the Read More ADDON - is it only found inside the page builder because then I can't use it in a standard Joomla article or is it downloadable from somewhere

To clarify,

I want to create standard Joomla articles using a read more break
I have created a blog page (with horizontal layouts) in page builder and listed a category there

I am having trouble with getting more than one article to show in the blog page and I am unclear about the read more addon you mentioned below - how it can be used in a standard article

thanks

Jacqui

Time to create page: 0.754 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 784 guests and no members online