Path to images not the one from the options

Path to images not the one from the options was created by acarvalho

Posted 3 years 1 month ago #59943
I have version 2.9.8 of Page Builder CK, and at the options, I set the Image upload folder to "content".

When I place a single image in the editor and try to edit it, when I click the "select", it shows me the contents of the "images" folder from the root, not the "content" folder that I have also at the root.

Both folder exist in the file system, the only issue is that the component is ignoring my configuration.

Is there a way to fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Path to images not the one from the options

Posted 3 years 1 month ago #59950
Hi
the path for images in the options is the default folder where to store the images on drag and drop
the media browser will only search for images in the "images" folder as root, so you shall place your images in a subfolder of it
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by acarvalho on topic Path to images not the one from the options

Posted 3 years 1 month ago #59952
Thanks for the the reply, however I found out that if I turn on the "Exclusive folder" (set "yes") it will point to the correct folder!

Maybe that's a bug? because it makes no sence.

I mean, if I have that option on "No", it goes to the "images" folder. If it is "Yes", it goes to my "content" folder. Both folders are at the root, so I think it shouldn't behave like that.

Posted 3 years 1 month ago #59955
I will check that. The exclusive folder is designed to give a specific access to a folder for each user

by ced1870

Posted 3 years 1 month ago #60206
I come back on this
exclusive folder : give access only to the given folder, this can be a folder outsite tthe root "images" folder
normal case : you can select a folder but this must be inside the root "images" folder
You can not have a folder at the root of your website if this is not exclusive, because it would expect that you can browse any folder of your website (components, plugins, etc) and this shall not be accepted

to have a folder specific for each user you can use the $userid variable in the path

this is the way it works and this is correct :)

by ced1870

Replied by acarvalho on topic Path to images not the one from the options

Posted 3 years 1 month ago #60207
Nevermind, I re-read your reply and undetsood it now.

I think the behaviour is not very clear, I would never guess it would work that way, and maybe it is related to the terms used and the option to select a folder when it will not be used unless the Exclusive folder is active.

I suggest using something more in the lines of "Use an alternate folder", and then show the field to indicate which folder. Hide it if the "Use an alternate folder" is not active.
Last Edit:3 years 1 month ago by acarvalho
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by acarvalho.

Time to create page: 0.669 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 610 guests and no members online