JS error linked to page builder

JS error linked to page builder was created by Brendanh

Posted 4 years 2 months ago #55118
Hi Ced,
I'll use this official channel for a change!

I have a problem/conflict with your PB and another extension I like to use, Route66 (because of its yoast integration).

Both extensions used to work fine together, but I assume a recent update in PB has caused them to conflict. I say PB because R66 is not regularly updated, but I could be wrong.

This is a link to the message thread with R66 developer, which explains more.

www.firecoders.com/help-desk/route-66/Ticket/530:js-error

In the link the R66 dev suggests your PB does not use a standard edition of TinyMPC which is causing the problem.

I also still have problems with TinyMPC in PB adding a ../ in fornt of an image URL (images/pic.jpg becomes ../images/pic.jpg) which causes problems. as well as also stripping out html despite having the editors plugin settings set to use Joomla's html blacklist/whitelist for this.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

Regards, Brendan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic JS error linked to page builder

Posted 4 years 2 months ago #55123
Hi

I also still have problems with TinyMPC in PB adding a ../ in fornt of an image URL

please use '/images/pic.jpg' , this shall work

but if you use the TinyMCE or JCE editor to add an image, it shall work without problem

also stripping out html

it seems that you are asking multilpe different things here ;)
Page Builder does not strip anything, please check the usergroup filter rules and the tinymce configuration

Route66

I don't know this extension, and I don't know how it is supposed to work ...

Both extensions used to work fine together, but I assume a recent update in PB has caused them to conflict. I say PB because R66 is not regularly updated, but I could be wrong.

there was no update on PBCK that could explain that. you can do a test on a copy of your website and install an older version of PBCK and check if it works

by my side I have no expanation about the Route66 issue ...
can you give me an access to your website so that I can check the error directly
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Brendanh on topic JS error linked to page builder

Posted 4 years 2 months ago #55133
Hi Ced,

Replies in red.

I also still have problems with TinyMPC in PB adding a ../ in fornt of an image URL

please use '/images/pic.jpg' , this shall work

I'll give that a go..

but if you use the TinyMCE or JCE editor to add an image, it shall work without problem
also stripping out html

No, I use TinyMPC and it's loaded by PB as the default editor in all of the text entry places, the problem occurs particularly when I add an inline image to the text.

it seems that you are asking multilpe different things here ;)

Yes, kinda, but I was wondering if they were related in some way.

Page Builder does not strip anything, please check the usergroup filter rules and the tinymce configuration
Route66

The user group filter for super admin is selected, ie strip no html. and in TinyMPC the config is set to use Joomla's html filter based on user, ie super user, so should strip no html

I don't know this extension, and I don't know how it is supposed to work ...

there was no update on PBCK that could explain that. you can do a test on a copy of your website and install an older version of PBCK and check if it works

Yes, I'll do this an let you know.

by my side I have no expanation about the Route66 issue ...
can you give me an access to your website so that I can check the error directly

I'll set it to a live URL shortly, and let you take a look.

With the images problem and the html stripping problems I remember sending you some screencast videos of the errors in action a few months ago, I can't remember what the outcome was though :)

Brendan

Posted 4 years 2 months ago #55136

No, I use TinyMPC

This does not exists ... I think that you are talking about TinyMCE ?

he user group filter for super admin is selected, ie strip no html

set it to be "no filtering" and tell me if it works, If yes, then the problem is here and you need to add the "style" tag in the whitelist if you want to use another filtering type

For the images, once again, using the editor button works great. Else every other user would already have posted here ;)
using the slash "/" shall also fix your issue

by ced1870

Replied by Brendanh on topic JS error linked to page builder

Posted 4 years 2 months ago #55166
No, I use TinyMPC

This does not exists ... I think that you are talking about TinyMCE ?

Yes, I need a new brain! :)

he user group filter for super admin is selected, ie strip no html

set it to be "no filtering" and tell me if it works, If yes, then the problem is here and you need to add the "style" tag in the whitelist if you want to use another filtering type

The filters are set as you suggest, but the html is still being stripped.

Except for the div container, this is what's being stripped:
<div class="outlineSocialShare">
<a href=" twitter.com ">
<a href=" www.facebook.com ">
</div>

The only way around it is to use Regular labs Sourcerer plugin.

For the images, once again, using the editor button works great. Else every other user would already have posted here ;)
using the slash "/" shall also fix your issue

I retested this, but alas, no. It still adds a ../ to the front of the image url, regardless of using the image button or not. The error happens upon saving the article, or if editing manually, upon reopening and closing the article.

However, I've just installed a fresh Joomla and PB and everything works as I would expect, except the integration with Route66. So, this leads me to conclude that it is a glitch in this particular install rather than a general bug in the software.

I guess I'll have to live with it or redo the offending articles.

Thanks anyway,

Brendan

Posted 4 years 2 months ago #55174
please give me your url so that I can check the images issue

However, I've just installed a fresh Joomla and PB and everything works as I would expect, except the integration with Route66

ok, this confirms what I thought about the image and html problems

I guess I'll have to live with it or redo the offending articles.

does this happen only on certain articles ? not on every articles that you created with PBCK ?

For Route66, I have not made any changes that could impact the editor compatibility. If they don't want to help you in that way, I don't know what I can do by my side ... The problem here is that Route66 does not work ... I can not debug their program

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.688 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 998 guests and one member online