Copy an Element

Copy an Element was created by dcl87123034

Posted 8 years 1 day ago #33709
I see on this page - docs.joomlack.fr/page-builder-ck/6-plugin-development-overview - that it is possible to create a new element. However, is it possible to copy and then modify an existing element? For example, the Icon and Text element is almost exactly what I need, except that I need the ability to add a link to the block.

Can you please tell me how I would go about copying an existing element?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Copy an Element

Posted 8 years 1 day ago #33710
Hi
the native elements that are in the normal version are not managed with plugins, so copying them is not so easy
All params elements are rendered with a plugin.

Do you want a link to the whole block ? or just on the icon ?
because putting a link around a DIV is not a good HTML practice
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by dcl87123034 on topic Copy an Element

Posted 8 years 1 day ago #33714
Thank you for the clarification. Please see the attached for what I am trying to achieve. I am trying to make it easier for a client to add images and text for their events, which will display in blocks in a two-row/three-column layout. I was planning to have an Image element on top and the Icon and Text element below. I chose the Icon and Text element instead of the Text Block element because I need them to be able to change the color behind the text. Ideally each area of the block (text and image) would be linked, and I was hoping to modify the Icon and Text element so that a link option would be available and have that value link the Title and the text below it.
Attachments:

Replied by ced1870 on topic Copy an Element

Posted 8 years 2 hours ago #33732
ok
the text block has also the styles options to set the background.
what I don't understand is the link option, because in the text-icon block there is no option for a link

This option is inside the image block

is this element (event) linked to a component into your website ? if yes the best would be to have a plugin that can get the infos directly (title, date, image, link ...)

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.661 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 1456 guests and 2 members online