Cannot edit on front end

Cannot edit on front end was created by trogladyte

Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago #33237
I built my first site using pagebuilder and building was fun and very flexible. However, I am now totally unable to edit anything from the frontend. Not sure it it's pagebuilder or the template (themler.com).

On pages done with pagebuilder I get an edit button. Clicking this causes the site to "think" for a second or 2, then the screen refreshes and I'm back at the page I was trying to edit.

On standard Joomla pages I get a pencil icon (this is from Themler) and clicking that does absolutely nothing - no thinking, no refresh.

www.stapletonroofing.com

A good landing is one you can walk away from.
A great landing is one where you can reuse the aircraft!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Cannot edit on front end

Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago #33238
Hi
Please test with the template Protostar to see if it works and tell me
CEd

PS : I don't like Themler

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by trogladyte on topic Cannot edit on front end

Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago #33240
I'm not liking it anymore either - probably for different reasons to you, but I've basically come to the end of my thether with it. Just too flaky and buggy. You may be happy to know that I just bought your template creator. Interestingly, I could not log into that site with my normal details for the joomlack site, and, when I requested a lost password it told me my email had been blocked - had to create a whole new account.

Anyway.... I JUST figured it out. No other site has these saving/editing issues. I was writing to say there's nothing unusual in my setup, then I noticed ReDJ (a awesome redirect component). It was that which caused the issue - some sort of redirect loop I imagine. Worked fine with the redirects from the browser address bar, but had some sort of issue internally obviously. This thread I had on the JCE forum turned me onto the answer - www.joomlacontenteditor.net/support/foru...nd-editing-correctly

Cheers Ced!

Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago #33243
Darn it. I spoke too soon. Yes I can get into the editing screen now. I can open the article and add, edit, or delete text fine. I click "Validate" and have the options of "Save" "Save and Close" or "Cancel". The edits from the previous screen are still there. If I click either Save button, the edits are deleted and the editor still stays up, I'm not redirected to the page.

Even "Cancel" does nothing except refresh and return me to the editing screen.

Last Edit:8 years 2 weeks ago by trogladyte
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by trogladyte.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Cannot edit on front end

Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago #33244

different reasons to you, but I've basically come to the end of my thether with it. Just too flaky and buggy. You may be happy to know that I just bought your template creator. Interestingly,

cool, thank you :)
I hope that you will more happy with it than with themler :)

for your issue, this is strange. I have not understood all the scenarios, but if I understand you have a redirect issue ?

are you testing with protostar ?

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 8 years 2 weeks ago #33247
I thought I'd fixed it by removing the redirects, but that only partially fixed it. Now I can get to the PageBuilder edit screen. I can the open up the particular row in the editor and make edits. I click "Validate" and I'm sent back to the edit screen as expected. The edits are still there. However, when I click either Save or Save & Close, the edits are removed and the screen just refreshes leaving me at the edit screen.

I haven't tried protostar - I delete all unused templates. I tried FTPing it back, but it doesn't show up. However, I can edit a standard Joomla article from the frontend and it saves correctly. However, after editing a standard Joomla article, trying to go back and edit it again only results in a redirect to the home page and the article is not editable again until I log out of the front end and back in again. So it may be a niggle between Themler and PageBuilder, and/or a session issue.

Last Edit:8 years 2 weeks ago by trogladyte
Last edit: 8 years 2 weeks ago by trogladyte.

Time to create page: 0.714 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 539 guests and one member online