Second mobile menu on screen not working

Second mobile menu on screen not working was created by SloChild

Posted 4 years 5 months ago #54210
The site I'm working on has two menus on some of the pages. Everything works great with Maximenu. The problem is with the 2nd menu on the Mobile Menu portion, as it is not responding beyond opening the first layer of menu items. Those items don't respond to being clicked, and don't open the sub menu items (unlike the 1st menu, which works).

One of the URLs with both menus is baptistbohol.org/new-testament/the-epistles-letters/3rd-john

As you can see, it works fine on a desktop. But if you reduce the screen size to activate the mobile menu, you'll see what I'm referring to.

Please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Second mobile menu on screen not working

Posted 4 years 5 months ago #54212
Hi
can you please disable the minnifcation/compression in your website so that I can inspect the source code of the page
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by SloChild on topic Second mobile menu on screen not working

Posted 4 years 5 months ago #54214
I've set JCH Optimize "Enable" to No, and have excluded all menu items that have both menus. Then I flushed the JCH Optimize cache, the Joomla cache, and the server cache. Hopefully that gives you what you need.

Posted 4 years 5 months ago #54221
strange . I see a bit of javascript working, but not correctly
can you please try:
- remove the menu ID (you can leave it blank to let the system give it automatically)
- change the menu effect from "push" to accordion

tell me if it makes any difference
I also see that there is a JS error in in the console, coming from your template, please check to fix it

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: SloChild

Replied by SloChild on topic Second mobile menu on screen not working

Posted 4 years 5 months ago #54234
Your solution worked. So I messed around and found that 2 display types worked and two didn't. (Accordion and Fade worked, Flat and Slide didn't). [FYI - your comment about "push" confused me at first, because nothing is directly named that.] But your mentioning of the JS error made me take a look. It was the responsive navigation junk that came with the template I'm using. So I went into the index.php of the template and deleted the lines that were calling it. :blush: Suddenly the entire problem went away.

For everyone else [tldr] - This wasn't a problem with a CK product, but was a conflicting JS, and CK fixed it anyway!

Thanks. Your customer service is as great as your coding skills, and I'll be buying more products (especially Template Creator, that looks awesome).

Posted 4 years 5 months ago #54239

Suddenly the entire problem went away.

great :)

For everyone else [tldr] - This wasn't a problem with a CK product, but was a conflicting JS, and CK fixed it anyway!

Thanks. Your customer service is as great as your coding skills, and I'll be buying more products (especially Template Creator, that looks awesome).

thank you !

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.707 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 863 guests and no members online