Confused about which mobile software is needed

Confused about which mobile software is needed was created by WhataMack

Posted 5 years 4 months ago #50106
Hi. I'm having real difficulty in understanding the process of creating mobile menus, and I'm looking for some guidance.

Here is my Joomla and JoomlaCK software list:
* Joomla 3.9.0
* Protostar template
* Maximenu CK 8.2.16
* Maximenu CK Params 4.1.1
* Maximenu CK Mobile 2.0.24
* Mobile Menu CK Pro 1.0.2
* Plugin Maximenu CK Mobile 2.0.24_j30
* Themes for Mobile - Maximenu CK 1.0.0

Website URL: www.consultecsoftware.com/projects/nrwa/...ariverwatershed.org/

I successfully created a Maximenu CK menu based on the site's existing menu, using the "css3megamenu" preset theme.

Next, here's the process that I've followed in creating the mobile version of the menu:

* "Maximenu CK > Mobile Options" tab: the "Enable for Mobile" option is set to "Yes".
* "Maximenu CK > "Mobile Menu CK" tab: the "Enable Mobile Menu CK" option is set to "Yes".
* "Maximenu CK > "Mobile Menu CK" tab: the "Display type" option is set to "accordion".
* "Mobile Menu CK > Styles" list: "Imported : Maximenu CK Mobile" item is selected.
* "Mobile Menu CK > Presets" tab: the "Prototype" preset style is selected. The Preview shows the Prototype style is being used. I have then clicked "Save".

After this, when I then look at the website's front-end the "Default" mobile preset style is being used, not the "Prototype" style. This still occurs after repeated attempts of going through the entire process above, and after clearing the cache in Firefox multiple times.

My questions are:
* I've become really confused as to which JoomlaCK mobile software is needed from the list that I have. For example, is the MaxiMenu CK Mobile needed if I have Mobile Menu CK Pro?
* Am I going through the above process correctly, and in the correct steps?
* If so, why is the "Default" mobile style still showing up in mobile displays?

I've emailed the admin URL and login information using the Contact form on the main JoomlaCK site (I couldn't find how to send a PM here in the forum). Any guidance you can provide will be appreciated very much.
Last Edit:5 years 4 months ago by WhataMack
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by WhataMack.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Confused about which mobile software is needed

Posted 5 years 4 months ago #50107
Hi
I will give you few explanations :)

For example, is the MaxiMenu CK Mobile needed if I have Mobile Menu CK Pro?

you can use one or the other, but not both

I have a mobile plugin for Maximenu CK and also for Accordeon Menu CK which are similar but not with the same features. I have decided to write a new extension called Mobile Menu CK which can now be use with Maximenu CK, Accordeon Menu CK, the native joomla module and any menu.
Finally Mobile Menu CK is going to replace Maximenu Mobile CK in a near future. I have not put any info on the maximenu mobile page because I want to be sure that the new mobile menu extension works great (I'm following the users feebacks and problems like yours).

So you can disable the Maximenu Mobile plugin (from your plugin manager) and only use Mobile Menu CK. Then go in your module, activate it for mobile, select your theme, check that all is ok and tell me if it works correctly.

CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 5 years 4 months ago #50117
did you manage to do what you want ?

by ced1870

Replied by WhataMack on topic Confused about which mobile software is needed

Posted 5 years 4 months ago #50122
Hi, I haven't had a chance but will report back with the results. Thanks for the follow-up!

Replied by WhataMack on topic Confused about which mobile software is needed

Posted 5 years 4 months ago #50191
Ok, I've had some time to test different options for the responsive menu, and I've wound up using the Maximenu CK Mobile plugin instead of the Mobile Menu CK component.

The main problem I've had is that Maximenu CK seems to require that the Maximenu CK Mobile plugin needs to be enabled for me to achieve the responsive menu. I've customized the reponsive menu pretty extensively and it's doing what I want.

Here are some screenshots illustrating the issues I'm seeing with the Mobile Menu CK and the Mobile Menu CK plugin. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong somewhere.

Image 1 shows the mobile-related extensions and their status.

Image 2 is the Maximenu CK module. If I don't have the Maximenu CK Mobile plugin published, this warning is shown.

Image 3 is the Mobile Options tab in the Maximenu CK module screen, with another warning about the "plugin Maximenu Mobile" and that it must be installed (which it is) but it is not published/activated.

Image 4 is the Mobile Menu CK component screen, showing that the Maximenu CK module is "Enabled for mobile".

So, I'm still confused about the process of using the Mobile Menu CK component and its associated Mobile Menu CK plugin. I found that the process of using just the Maximenu CK Mobile plugin was more straightforward for me.

Is there documentation that describes the steps required to use the Mobile Menu CK component alongside Maximenu CK?

And in all honesty, having such similar names for all the mobile extensions makes things more difficult to keep straight imo, especially when the same extension is given different names in different places. For example, Image 3 uses the term "plugin Maximenu Mobile" when I believe the plugin's actual name is "Maximenu CK Mobile".

Anyway, I do have the responsive version of my Maximenu CK menu working, so I'm going to stick with that for now.
Last Edit:5 years 4 months ago by WhataMack
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by WhataMack.

Posted 5 years 4 months ago #50201
Thank you very much for all your feedback ! This helps me improve the interface.
I will now do that better to gracefully hide the maximenu mobile options (deprecated) if the Mobile Menu CK is active.
I understand that these warnings were confusing.

The main problem here is that I don't want to force exising users to migrate to a new mobile menu extension if they already have a mobile menu working. That is why I'm going forward step by sep

Just sorry to see that you finally used the deprecated one ....

If you need some help from me to configure your mobile menu using the new Mobile Menu CK, let me know

by ced1870
The following user(s) said Thank You: WhataMack

Time to create page: 0.737 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 883 guests and one member online