Issues with JCH Optimizer and template switchers

Issues with JCH Optimizer and template switchers was created by Cristiano

Posted 1 year 4 months ago #66634
Hello,
I installed the latest version of Cookiesck for multilingual joomla 3.10.11 but I encounter some problems and strange behaviors that seem without logic. Here are some considerations:

JCH Optimizer: CookiesCK seems to work fine both in Italian and English after logging in (with JCH disabled), but if you don't log in the cookies options after page refresh disappears in the home (and sometimes in some internal pages). I tried all the possible exclusions in JCH between css and js without result and without noticing any related errors in the console. Cookies register them. It would seem a compatibility problem between the two plugins in cache management or something else.

eXtro TemplateSwitcher: here the sore points begin, if in fact I activate the switch on the night template (dark) nothing works anymore, cookies options is blocked and it signals me in the console many errors "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'querySelectorAll' ) at initInterface" especially referring to the front.js, which then disappear if I return to the default template. I know that eXtro TemplateSwitcher is an outdated plugin and not even perfect in functioning, but I tried other solutions (like CG template switcher) with the same result and at the moment I can't find a better way to replace it. In short, it seems that CookiesCK does not like the change of template.

I'd like to know your opinion.
Thank you

Cristiano
www.nuovapoesia.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Issues with JCH Optimizer and template switchers

Posted 1 year 4 months ago #66641
Hi
I have checked, it seems that something alters the cookies variable when the page is rendered, this is why the cookie button is not shown
to show it you can add this custom css to your page :
Code:
div#cookiesck_options { display: block; }

for the template switcher issue, please put it active and tell me so that I can checlk
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by Cristiano on topic Issues with JCH Optimizer and template switchers

Posted 1 year 4 months ago #66664
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, also because I know this site is starting to show its age and these aren't the only problems I can't solve.
It seemed to me that I had already set the display:block, among the thousands of tests I made, and maybe I removed it because it didn't work, but maybe I remember it wrong and in any case, with the current JCH configuration it seems to work in all pages, but not in the home. I thought about some jquery or quirkmode problem, since it reports them to me in the console, but it doesn't say anything about cookiesck.
So, this is what I did: I removed the extro Template switcher to try the cg template switcher which seemed to work better, but it didn't, because after an apparent functioning with login done, it started crashing when I didn't login. So I deactivated the refresh page option in the cookiesck plugin, put the extro template switcher back on and cleaned the cache of everything. The switch template can be seen on the page at the top left, by clicking on the still image with the sun and the moon and choosing between "Il giorno"(day) and "La notte"(night). As anticipated. works in all pages but is blocked on the home page.
However, if I select the "night" template, it doesn't work on any page. In the latter case, however, it reports many errors "Cannot read properties of null (reading 'querySelectorAll') at initInterface" on front.js. If I access the site it is the same, it is always blocked, but with the access done if I return to the home after restoring the default model (The day), IT WORKS. Consider that the two templates are the same, only the colors change... Crazy, in short. As I said, in the first case it seems a template problem, but in the second a conflict with the JCH optimizer, which is deactivated if you log in. Finally I don't understand anything :-).

Sorry for the length, but I hope I made myself clear.

Cristiano

Posted 1 year 4 months ago #66665
PS: Today, however, when I turned the pc back on, I received a report on the homepage of two invalid "samesite" errors on cookies, referring to google.com and google.it. But the Google fonts are deactivated and I have removed the adsense advertising from the home, telling JCH to exclude Gtag. He tells me that I should change the Google cookie attributes. It wouldn't be the first time that Google-Crome became a victim and a murderer and annoyed developers. Can there be a link?
Forgive me, I don't want to take advantage of your kindness.
Cristiano

Replied by ced1870 on topic Issues with JCH Optimizer and template switchers

Posted 1 year 4 months ago #66669
sorry to say that I won't be able to help you a lot on this ...
everything seems related to JCH and the template switcher, more than Cookies CK

for the error in the JS console, this could be due to a problem generated by the template switcher. Example if there is a problem, the cookie interface may not work as expected but I can not tell you more if I can not inspect the problem myself

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Posted 1 year 4 months ago #66670
Of course I understand. When you say "if I can not inspect the problem myself" do you mean you can log in as admin? I wouldn't have a problem giving it to you, or even paying for a service, if it were within my reach, but I really can't ask you for more for a free extension, for now. You have been too helpful and I thank you.

Time to create page: 0.633 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 772 guests and no members online