Remember last state

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: Remember last state

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #4539
Hi
I have not seen your last message ... :(
any url would great to see exactly what you mean. I'm implementing the default itemid to keep the menu open on page load. But it seems that this is not exactly what you want ?

I believe the ability to assign articles to menu panels will be a tremendous improvement. Currently the Kwickmenu can only be used with very simple site navigation so this will extend its usefulness!

kwickmenu CK is based on joomla menu, so you can link what you want (articles, or else)

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by jfinkl on topic Re: Remember last state

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #4557
Here is a link to a sandbox site to get the idea: mediamine.net/sandbox/geiger

If you click the "Tools & Resources" Kwickmenu the Tools & Resources page opens. However, if you then click the side menu item titled "Extra Tools Article" I'd like to have the Tools & Resources Kwickmenu panel be open instead of the entire menu either closing or defaulting to some other menu panel.

I will have submenu items in the left position for each Kwickmenu item, so one default itemid won't work for me.

I was hoping there would be a way to retain the last open Kwickmenu state (since a user would have to click the Tools & Resources button to get to that submenu initially) or to specify a menu open state per itemid. Thanks!
by jfinkl

Posted 11 years 9 months ago #4560
try this, in the left menu :
- parent item is alias of the kwick item (Tools & Resources)
-- child item (Extra Tools Article)
-- child item
etc

and in the left menu options select start level 2.
then is should keep the relation between the parent item in the kwickmenu
CEd

by ced1870

Posted 11 years 8 months ago #4621
I've tested what you suggested to no avail. That's how I had originally anticipated it would work, but the menu closes when child menu items are selected. I left the work live so you can see.

Any other suggestions? There has to be a way to keep menu items open when child items are selected...but I haven't found an image menu yet that can do it.

If you are able to create the default open id, then I suppose I could use 4 instances of the menu (one for each section of the site) and set each to its own open id. That's about the best solution I can think of now...it's not elegant, but should work.

Thanks
by jfinkl

Posted 11 years 8 months ago #4696
Hi Cedrick,
Any chance you've got an updated KwickMenu with option for open state by item id? I've got to resolve my menu problem before before my client freaks out :)

Thanks for your help!
by jfinkl

Posted 11 years 8 months ago #4697
hi
you can download the 1.1.3 on joomlack.fr and tell me
Ced

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.709 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 813 guests and one member online