Simple Image Gallery and accessing images on another website

More
5 days 15 hours ago #72866 by Aks
Hi Cedric,

I was searching for an extension to replace "Simple Image Gallery", which was used on another older website, and was really pleased to discover that you had made this possible with Mediabox CK.

Do you know if it would be possible to access the images directly from the folders on this other website in Mediabox CK?

For example, using "{gallery} archive.upf.org/images/rys/2007/12-israel{/gallery }" in the article rather than "{gallery}images/rys/2007/12-israel{/gallery}".

It doesn't look like this will work.

Thanks,

Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 days 11 hours ago #72870 by ced1870
Hi
yes I'm trying to offer the possibilities to users to keep the existing galleries from SIG, but there is may be some features that I don't know
what you are asking, is it something that you are already doing with SIG?
CEd

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
5 days 11 hours ago #72871 by Aks
No, not at all, the simple image gallery was being used on another website, in fact the website of the international organisation for which I run the European websites. This international website has been replaced, but remains online as an archive. It has a lot of images on it and some of these were accessed using the simple image gallery to display all the images in a particular folder. This lends itself well to Mediabox CK, which offers the same functionality. 

Rather than having to copy all the images to the European website, I'm wondering whether or not you think it would be possible to access the folders in question directly using Mediabox CK by including the domain name in the folder path.

Thanks,

Alan

More
5 days 10 hours ago #72872 by ced1870
ok I see
this is a bad idea :)
your images will be stored on an old website but visible on a new website. This will be bad for SEO, and imagine one day when you will remove the old website, you will loose everything
I think that you shall just move/copy your images to have them on your new website, accessible using the current website url

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

More
5 days 6 hours ago #72874 by Aks
Okay, thank you Cedric.

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 900 guests and no members online