beginners questions serie: if HTML is in the lightbox, how to define width in %

Please don't write a roman ;) , just answer to my questions simply,...

It seems, that all my so called „romance“ could not keep you from misunderstanding my wishes. So, what can I do now?

I will answer your posting:
ref 1) I know that there is a close button. But when showing Joomla articles in an iframe, it will fill up nearly the entire screen. The visitor might not recognize, that he is looking at a lightbox. So eventually he may get confused and will seek for a navigation, especially because the visibility of the close button is not prominent.

ref 2) This will not solve my problem, because I want to offer videos in two formats within a source set. Video is playing as I want, when I do NOT set options to full-width! – Therefore I had to unset the option "full width".

ref 3) This is also no solution, as I want the caption text on desktop and I do not want the caption text on small screens / mobiles etc. The suppression of the caption text on small screens / mobiles is a function within your javascript. If such screen / device is detected, the caption text will be set by CSS to display: none. This is the regular function of your Mediabox-CK as you describe in your documentation here: www.joomlack.fr/en/documentation/mediabo...escription-on-mobile
But as I told you in my previous posting, this detection of small screens / mobiles seems not working.

I just have updated Mediabox-CK on Pro without overwriting your files, you have sent me via dropbox. And of course I have not activated "full width option". Then I have checked Mediabox-CK on desktop and everything is working, as wanted - on desktops.

I have deactivated the function "mobile". And then I have got the behavior of closing the lightbox by tapping somewhere around the mediabox on mobile also. But it seems, that this is the only benefit, when deactivating the function "mobile":
On mobile, the video will not take maximum space on the screen and that the caption text will not disappear in order to give more space for the content. The iframe with an article will show up nice on portrait mode,but only, if I had used an audio or video link to mediabox on this webpage before. Only after that Mediabox-CK has calculated the screen dimensions and the resulting mediabox dimensions correctly, so that the iframe shows up as I want it on portrait view. On landscape this calculation does not work and the mediabox inclusive its content will be scaled down.

Would you please check the sample webpage on a mobile device? – I am hopefull that we are near to the solution of all this.
Last Edit:1 year 3 months ago by raphi
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by raphi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I have thoroughly checked the issues, I have with Mediabox-CK and I have found out, that my tests could not have success! And this is the reason:
Mediabox-CK will generate and then allocate a unique ID for each object, which should be shown in the lightbox. This fact is not explained in the documentation.

I have used a 1080p video clip to check, whether Mediabox-CK would show the video in the dimensions, I have embedded in the Mediabox link. In my experiments, I had the same video clip (1080p) in several links - one in 720p dimensions, one in 540p dimensions. And this cannot work, because the dimensions of the original video clip (1080p) seems to be embedded with the ID for that video clip.
Therefore I have experienced strange effects with the dimensions, especially, when the lightbox is used on mobile devices. I will have to start a new series of tests and then I will come back with questions again.

I would have saved a lot of time, if I would have got the information from the documentation about the fact, that Mediabox-CK is generating and allocating an ID to each media item. And if I reuse this media (URL) in several links with different dimensions in these links, then this will result in problems.
by raphi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.641 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 458 guests and no members online