Old page title problem on a template using MMCK

Old page title problem on a template using MMCK was created by billium99

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #973
Hi - thank you for this cool menu solution!

I have a template from template-monster.com that uses MaximenuCK v5.0_J16. They've tweaked the original code somehow because simply upgrading to your latest version means I cannot achieve the look they were using - it shows the dk grey buttons and the colors are not using the site CSS it appears. But in v5.0 you have that strange thing in some page titles where it inserts/duplicates the page title value when displayed in the browser.

Mine:

Colorado Web Design by Maximum Geek
becomes
Colorado Colrado Web Design by Maximum Geek by Maximum Geek

The new version fixes that, but I can't get the menu to look like it did. I've tried replacing only the CSS directory with the old version and it still won't work.

So, my question is: were there just a few lines of code to change to fix the title issue? v5.0 is working perfectly on this site otherwise. Is there a single file or groups of files I can change without messing up the modified style files template-monster provided? Was the title fix just in the js files, for example?

Thank you

Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: Old page title problem on a template using MMCK

Posted 12 years 5 months ago #976
hi
I can't do support for something you paid for to another person that did not take into account the fact that I'm developping this module and I do all my best to maintain it to fix such issues.
If you don't want to upgrade the module with my latest version I can't help...because this is already fixed

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Replied by billium99 on topic Re: Old page title problem on a template using MMCK

Posted 12 years 4 months ago #1137
Hello - I am still stuck on this issue. I cannot get your upgrade to work because I believe they customized the CSS - so how much can I pay you to assist with this issue?

Is there a way to ONLY implement the changes that fixed the page title problem without messaing with all the rest of the code?

Can I pay you for just this snippet?

Is this an option?

Thank you

Bill

Replied by ced1870 on topic Re: Old page title problem on a template using MMCK

Posted 12 years 4 months ago #1139
hi again
Please contact me by email to check this.

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

Last Edit:12 years 4 months ago by ced1870
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by ced1870.

Replied by CableCompany on topic Re: Old page title problem on a template using MMCK

Posted 12 years 1 month ago #1991
I ended up in this topic because I was facing the same problem as the topic starter. I fully understand that outdated versions are no longer supported.

For those facing the same problem that also end up in this topic I would propose the following solution that did the trick for me.

In your template index.php add below "<head>":
Code:
<title><?php echo $this->title; ?> - site title</title>
Where it says "site title" you can fill out whatever you want.

As simple as that. Hope it helps anyone.
Last Edit:12 years 1 month ago by CableCompany
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by CableCompany.

Time to create page: 0.669 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 764 guests and no members online