Many format issues after update to 8.0.18 from .13

Many format issues after update to 8.0.18 from .13 was created by nsheehan123

Posted 8 years 8 months ago #29074
A rough update from 8.0.13 to 8.0.18 and I don't seem to be able to resolve these issues.

The problem is with the menu item size and the Parent Icon placement. On my test site after the update the Main Menu bar links are sized differently than in the previous version. As a result the parent icon is displayed incorrectly. For standard menu items the icon is high and too close to the link text, with a Text separator it's displayed correctly. This is a big pain as once again there are dozens of changes needed to upgrade this module.

The cost to keep this up to date is considerable, almost not worth the benefits it offers.

This happens with every update Ced. It is becoming a serious pain in the butt, to the point where I am not using it on 2 sites where I had been using it before because of this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by nsheehan123 on topic Many format issues after update to 8.0.18 from .13

Posted 8 years 8 months ago #29075
After a couple hours of poking around I managed to get things working as needed.

It would be very helpful to include these changes in the release notes.

Niall

Replied by webiedesign on topic Many format issues after update to 8.0.18 from .13

Posted 8 years 8 months ago #29076
I also experience the same issues. I still don't have the parent items positioned correctly. If anybody has any tips for me.... the site is
mariannaskincare.com

Replied by ced1870 on topic Many format issues after update to 8.0.18 from .13

Posted 8 years 8 months ago #29100
I'm on Holidays until the 17 august May.

The questions posted during this period will receive no answer, so please be patient and wait before posting in the forum. Thank you

Joomlack Webmaster and Developer

by ced1870

Time to create page: 0.607 seconds

Fast and powerful creation, customizable and responsive.

Read More

We have 777 guests and no members online